Pricing wars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalebron

Reaction score
ok... heres the background info...

i have just started my own business :). I am renting space in a hair and beauty salon, where I am the only nail tech. They did previously ahve a nail tech but she has emigrated to the USA and I have been lucky enough to inherit some of her clients... now here is my dilemma....

As far as my prices go... i am keeping my pretty much in line as the previous tech for re-balanaces BUT i am not sure wot to charge for a full set! My thing is that I only completed my CND course in August! The nail tech before me was charging 38.00 GBP for a full set and 20.00 GBP for a re-balance. When I completed my course my instructor advised to to charge around 20.00 for a rebalance but never really went into wot i should charge for a full set! I was going to charge 28.00 GBP then once i had a bit more experience put it up to 35.00 GBP but when I was spekain to the owner of the salon today she was saying that when the previous nail tech put her prices up from 35.00 to 38.00 she actually lost some clients!!!

I really dont wanna lose clients when I have only just started but am now worried that i will be stuck charging 28.00 for longer then i thought!! Do you think i would be pushin it to charge 35.00 straight up?? I mean... not to blow my own trumpet but my nails do look pretty good and I get plenty of compliments on them!!!

I really dont know wot to do... some advice would really appreciated (and before 8am tmorrow would be even better!! Got my first full set!!! :eek:)

Thanks guys!!!

Or you may consider telling clients that 28 is a special introductory offer, since they've never tried your service and that in 3 months time, the price will revert to your original price, which is 35 :)

This way, they see your regular price as 35, not 28 - so when you do charge 35, it will not come across as an INCREASE, but the current 28 will be viewed as a PROMOTION.

That is a really good idea... i think i will gve it a try!!

Thank you sooo much :)

you're very welcome, and all the best in your new business :)

Or you may consider telling clients that 28 is a special introductory offer, since they've never tried your service and that in 3 months time, the price will revert to your original price, which is 35 :)

This way, they see your regular price as 35, not 28 - so when you do charge 35, it will not come across as an INCREASE, but the current 28 will be viewed as a PROMOTION.

Excellent advice.

Good luck in your new business :hug:

The more expensive you are the less work you have to do for the same money at the end of the week.
If you do 20 full sets at 35.00 then increase your prices to 40.00 and lose 2 clients you're still making virtually the same amount of money (20.00 more) but doing less clients, the same goes for rebalance prices.

Latest posts

Back