Primark stick on nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiv9mbs

Reaction score
So I'm about to vent about something I keep seeing on a Facebook group. I've actually left the group as I got so annoyed lol!
Everyone's banging on about these primark glue on nails that last for weeks. A so called nail tech put up she had put them on as she couldn't be bothered doing her own properly. I totally get not being bothered, everyone's busy etc.
I commented saying I was sad to see an nail tech using these and what condition will they be once removed?
I got a barrage of 'there's always one' comments and 'i love my primark nails'

So help a girl out here! What do you think? Any experience of them? I can't be the only one that thinks people will ruin their nails with these things on???? Or maybe I'm in the minority ‍♀️

I agree with you. But a lot of people will happily trash their nails as long as its only £1

So I'm about to vent about something I keep seeing on a Facebook group. I've actually left the group as I got so annoyed lol!
Everyone's banging on about these primark glue on nails that last for weeks. A so called nail tech put up she had put them on as she couldn't be bothered doing her own properly. I totally get not being bothered, everyone's busy etc.
I commented saying I was sad to see an nail tech using these and what condition will they be once removed?
I got a barrage of 'there's always one' comments and 'i love my primark nails'

So help a girl out here! What do you think? Any experience of them? I can't be the only one that thinks people will ruin their nails with these things on???? Or maybe I'm in the minority ‍♀️

Doing things on the cheap is just a quick fix.....long term though, the damage may be irreparable o_O

I know a lot of my daughter's friends use them as they're so quick and cheap and come in every colour and design imaginable but then they just rip them off their nails afterwards!!! To be honest, a lot of the younger girls tend to pick off their nails wherever they've had them done rather than have regular infills as they really don't seem too bothered about the damage they're doing to their nails :-(. But they are also usually the types that want their nails done straight away without booking an appointment and want them done in 40 minutes so they go to an NSS anyway and wouldn't come to me (thankfully!)
All we can do is try to educate people but unfortunately there will always be those that don't want to hear it and think they know better! And they aren't worth having as clients are they?!

People are always doing things like this, just leave her and her primark nails to it whilst you continue to wear your fab professional manicure! :)

My daughter has learnt the hard way and regularly trashed her nails using these because I won’t let her have extensions (she’s 13)! They last about a day and take half the nail plate off with the glue! A definite no no from me

They are the only way one of my nails will grow.... (not the primark ones she uses other ones) we've tried doing acrylic but the last set I did for her lasted 2 days as she pinged one off on a shower screen, and she picked off the rest, and being a bit of a nail biter her gel polish didn't last long enough as I couldn't cap the free edge,
So we've grown them a little with the stick ons, and she's going to a gel overlay next week as her nails will be long enough for it

For me, there is no straight cut right or wrong, if these nails were applied and removed properly (I've never tried them myself) they wouldn't cause damage, same goes for any kind of nail coating.

When I talk too my clients I compare nail services to the various range of food brands you get in a supermarket. Everyone has different values, taste and requirements. Some people are happy and think the basic value range chicken breasts are perfect for what they want, others prefer organic free range locally sourced. We all value different things in life, and even as nail professionals we target our services to different markets.
I've had clients come to me wanting to change and fix their problems caused by dyi, and I've also had clients never to return as they now do their own nails.

Either way, I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't let it get to you, everyone is different, and as nail professionals the best we can do is run our business on the values we believe in.

I mean tell me if im wrong, but why would a fully qualified professional nail tech put all over FB that she has £1 nails on. Surely that doesnt look good for business?

I have a waxing client who cheerfully tells me she applies a fresh set of Primark stick on nails every Sunday night - but then moans that her natural nails are wrecked underneath. I’ve tried to get her to see the error or her ways, but she’s stubborn.
I’m on a determined mission now to get her converted !

As long as application and removal is safe I don't see a problem. If a nail tech can promote safe and enjoyable use of stick on nails (not everyone can keep acrylics etc on all the time) then happy days.

As long as application and removal is safe I don't see a problem. If a nail tech can promote safe and enjoyable use of stick on nails (not everyone can keep acrylics etc on all the time) then happy days.
I agree however I doubt many soak them off unfortunately. I recently removed a few for a client as she couldn’t get them off. Took just as long as acrylics to soak

I have a waxing client who cheerfully tells me she applies a fresh set of Primark stick on nails every Sunday night - but then moans that her natural nails are wrecked underneath. I’ve tried to get her to see the error or her ways, but she’s stubborn.
I’m on a determined mission now to get her converted !

It's not that they're stubborn....it's because they are cheap!
Folk LOVE CHEAP....
It breaks my heart to say it, but there is this quantity OVER quality mind set now, that motivates people.....they want MORE, MORE, MORE....for LESS, LESS, LESS! :p

Last edited:
I agree however I doubt many soak them off unfortunately. I recently removed a few for a client as she couldn’t get them off. Took just as long as acrylics to soak

I agree that they need to be soaked off. As long as people do that I think it's all good.

She’s not cheap. She spends on herself in other ways.
She just won’t spend time in the salon :/

Latest posts

Back