primary type of service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primary type of service

• None. I don't even know why I'm here. I'm actually a lumberjack.

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Liquid and powder

Votes: 308 61.8%
  • Gels

Votes: 104 20.9%
  • Wraps

Votes: 20 4.0%
  • Natural nail care

Votes: 52 10.4%

• Total voters
I use all thing CND - Brisa - Moxie and all of the powders available... just starting to get into the custom colour kit recipies... very nice...
Small but growing demand for nail art using liquid & powder.... love metros!

The Nail Geek said:
Hey Anna, my stab at this would be:
Many of your clients may have originaly come from the "thick as a brick" nail enhancement salon down the street.
I get that comment a lot "oooo ahhhh... they feel so light". I just think it comes from not making them 4.5 inches thick :p

The no smell is a massive bonus with gel. I really do like gels in concept, but am a L&P boy at heart (at least until the technology matures a bit).

Anna: How do you do Forever French (or do you not?)... French tips, sculpt w/ white gel... what?

Just curious :D
What do you mean you don't like the smell it's deeelicous, you might as well say you hate the smell of chocolate as well! It's what keeps me going throughout the day a good sniff now and then does wonders for me.I call it my happy juice lol.

All my customers are asking for gels and I agree that there is alot more advertising about gels now and how good they are for you natural nails. I think a lot of people have been to bad salons had thick and horrible l&p nails and are wanting an alternative,they don't realise that it's all down to the technician.
:!:

Mine has got to be L&P and my clients just love the glitters. I think a lot has to do we me loving the glitters that my clients then want them.:cool:

I'm a L&P person too. But in my early learning days tried gel with Alida unfortunatley found that every time I cured the nails under the U.V my clients and myself included, experienced a burning sensation.NOT NICE! Yet the lamp came with the kit. So put me off gels ever since and went to Creative L&P. (Never did find out what it was that caused it. Any clues anyone?)I'm sure this doesn't happen to all products!

Jules
:confused:

I do 75% pedicures, 10% natural nail manicures and 15% L&P... the majority of which are pink & whites, although my younger clients are die hard glitter girls!

I give an awesome spa pedicure and I've just gotten the raw earth pedicure kit (that I'm going to try out on myself first!). Most people have an "eww you do FEET all day?!?!" look on their face, until they get their first pedicure... and they have a change of heart before they step out of the door!

:green:

mgloverfam said:
My primary services are mani's, pedi's, and Spa stuff. I work in a spa, so everyone comes in for natural nail services. We're pretty pricey too, so I get paid good! The cost of a manicure ($25-$30) at my job, is the same as what some of you guys charge for a full set! And I don't have to do all that work!! I used to be into L&P, but I've gotten spoiled on natural nail services because no-one wants L&P here. They only want natural services. It also helps that my nails are natural too, and they are long, strong, and healthy, so my clients want their nails in shape like mine.

Diya

Hi Diya

just wondering what brand(s) do use for your natural nail services in your spa?

Whoa, and old thread! :) I do 95% l&p. For a while it was because I was more proficient at it than gels or wraps. But even after having gained some skill in the latter two, I prefer l&p because of its versatility and ease of use. I LOVE custom blending, and I like being able to repair a chip in a nail without having to either apply a form (gel) or having to apply a whole new tip (wraps) (although if some has some tips for me on how to do those, I'd be appreciative!).

I was sorely tempted to check the "I'm a lumberjack" box, though.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay..."

I started with gel-resin (aka dips) and moved on to UV Gels.

When I decided to further educate myself and move on to a better product... I read and read and read and surfed and surfed.

I preferred the characteristics of uv gel to l&p.
Now that I've been doing them for a year and a half, I'm totally in love with them.

The only drag is the limit on nail art... I love 3d stuff.. and gel doesn't work as well for that.
That said, will be taking a course in l&p next, to at least improve at my pathetic excuse for sculpting AND to play with 3d art more.
And of course, to have an additional option in case someone comes along that really only likes or can have l&p.

I get more request for gels.....but I prefer L&P ....to me I can "play" more

I adore liquid and powder and am def a liq and powder gal, although i am able to do all three systems, i just prefer liquid and powder. Unfortunately the odour is a downside, but as long as you adhere to correct ventilation etc etc, then all is well. I really like gels, and the super shiny finish you get, so therefore incorporate a uv gel topcoat over the l+p if clients request. I enjoy the application of gel, once mastered, its a doddle, however the main thing that does put me off gel is the difficulty to remove. I havent actually tried a soak off gel, so perhaps i shall! As for fabric, well its ok, to be honest i havent actually spent as much time as i should have mastering it, and at the moment i do find it fiddly and get myself in a bit of a twist when using it!!! But the product itself is of great quality, so i shall have to find some time to master my application.

i was a L&P girl,until i tried brisa when launched in uk. im lovin it, even tried other gels and have gone back to brisa, its the best!
Brisa girl thro' and thro'.

Love L&P - could't control gel as much :lol:

I chose natural nail simply because I'm not training in Creative until Nov 06, so I currently use my mum to perfect my natural nail mani's on :lol: .

mainly l&p but just converted to fabric# so after some practice would like to convert some clients to that

Bio for me
And who are the ones that clicked Lumberjack?? I was going to be funny and click it but then I thought i might get told off!!!!! Then i realised 12 other people had already done it - silly:green: :lol: :green: :lol: :green:

I answered Natural Nail care, as until I get more confident in doing enhancements I won't do them only on my nail hand.

Joan

Hi Everyone:

I primarily use Bio gel and have started playing with Akzentz options gel. I find I get great results with the gel. I am not experienced with L&P but I am not fond of the smell.

Anyways, have a great day!

I used to be a complete l&p and introduced bio gel as a long lasting nail colour over natural nails and without trying bio has completely eclipsed l&p and now I enjoy doing gel more and more. Fab results. 3-4 weeks for infills, colour choice and french, sculpts or overlays, you cant really ask for more in a system.

Latest posts

Back