Primer for acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Jade97

Reaction score
Hi so I’ve just newly qualified in acrylic nails, I need to buy a primer but I’m just wondering if the acid free primer is just as good an an acid bonder primer ? Been reading up on google on the differences and now I’m worried to use the acid bonder primer as it says it can cause irritation/blisters if it touches the skin! So my question is will the acid free primer work just as good with acrylic extensions ? Or is it essential to use the acid bonder one for the nails to last and not lift. Thanks 😊

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Depends on the brand, CND for instance is primer free system, CJP Nail Systems have both acid and acid free primers in their range.

Acid primers are usually a last resort for stubborn lifters rather than a starting point. Does your chosen system require a primer? If so there should be one produced to work within this system, which would be your best starting point. As a newbie I'd be investigating PREP steps and making sure the nail is immaculate before application of your product. This is usually enoughvto resolve 90% of lifting.

Latest posts