Primer for acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade97

Reaction score
Hi so I’ve just newly qualified in acrylic nails, I need to buy a primer but I’m just wondering if the acid free primer is just as good an an acid bonder primer ? Been reading up on google on the differences and now I’m worried to use the acid bonder primer as it says it can cause irritation/blisters if it touches the skin! So my question is will the acid free primer work just as good with acrylic extensions ? Or is it essential to use the acid bonder one for the nails to last and not lift. Thanks 😊

Depends on the brand, CND for instance is primer free system, CJP Nail Systems have both acid and acid free primers in their range.

Acid primers are usually a last resort for stubborn lifters rather than a starting point. Does your chosen system require a primer? If so there should be one produced to work within this system, which would be your best starting point. As a newbie I'd be investigating PREP steps and making sure the nail is immaculate before application of your product. This is usually enoughvto resolve 90% of lifting.

Latest posts

Back