primer on tips ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
Hi all
I was just wondering if any body else puts primer on the plastic tip as well as the nail when doing l&p:rolleyes:

As far as I am aware you should avoid getting primer on the tip, I believe that this can cause the tips to split x

Yes. Agreed. I was also taught to never put primer on the tips. Regards

ooooops thank you Hope id better stop doing that. :eek: I was watching a dvd that nsi sent me with a gel conversion kit and i noticed that she puts it all over the tip before the gel
So have I got this right, no primer on plastic tips for l&p, but primer is ok on plastic tips with gel:confused:?
thank you guys

As far as i know you shouldn,t put primer on tips for l&p or gel.
They told me not to do this in both my trainings.
I apply primer always sparingly to the natural nail only.

I forgot to mention...
Primer temporarly removes natural oils that are present on the nail plate to promot better adhesion of l&p or gel.
Since a tip is made from synthetic material it,s not needed in the first place.

I don't put primer on the tips, I was taught not to and avoid it!! xx

a primer is used to help form a bond between the kertain of the nail and the product tips have no kertain... maybe it was a cleanser that was being wiped over nail and tip you always want to clean everything but alwaysb just reffer to you manafactures instructions

primer on a tip can cause splitting of the tip

a primer is used to help form a bond between the kertain of the nail and the product tips have no kertain... maybe it was a cleanser that was being wiped over nail and tip you always want to clean everything but alwaysb just reffer to you manafactures instructions

primer on a tip can cause splitting of the tip
I have to say that I have little to no knowledge of any other systems, but with Creative's 'cleansers' Scrubfresh and Nail fresh you shouldn't get these on the tips either :hug:

I have never been taught or told to apply primer to the tips with gel. You rough up the tip with a file (taking the shine off) and apply primer to just around the nailbed edges. Brush the excess dust off and apply the gel.

Hi there
I wasn't sure about primer on tips either?
but I have just watched the NSI balance UV gel system again ,and she says "apply balance bond primer allover the natural nail and the tip"
So I'm baffled as to why they would do this when others who have been in the business for years say not to prime over the plastic tip of the nail , I must admit roughing up the surface of the tip a little seems to make more sense :)
Thanks everyone for all welcome advice:)

:confused:

Sorry no primer on tips here either.. Its just for the nail

NSI Tips are acetone proof so this may be the reason why splitting/cracking tips are not an issue, they may expect people using their gel to be using their tips too??? Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back