Primer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber tan

Reaction score
Hi Guys, jus a quikie. Does anybody use primer after using scrubfresh with Creative products.

Not if I am using Retention, it is not needed.

If however you have a severe lift prone client then you could do a power prep - Scrubfresh, Nailfresh, Scrubfresh and then acid free primer.

Okay, thanks for that.

You don't need to go straight to the Power prep.....you can just use Scrubfresh and then use CND's Acid Free primer....Primer is a prep booster....and can be used with Retention+.
If the problem defnitely is a very oily nail plate then you can add in the extra dehydration that Nailfresh gives you and do the Power prep.
Although sometimes just scrubfreshing and priming each seperate nail as you go just before application works a treat with these clients.
HTH

just thinking aloud - had the pleasure of being a model at an ezflow day - so got to see their prep routine - like the way you just ezbond the nailplate - my question is is it possible just to brush with nailfresh with my retention + and to avoid scrubfresh

tracy

just thinking aloud - had the pleasure of being a model at an ezflow day - so got to see their prep routine - like the way you just ezbond the nailplate - my question is is it possible just to brush with nailfresh with my retention + and to avoid scrubfresh

tracy

No CND Prep uses Scrubfresh...because it not only dehydrates the nail plate it cleanses it to prevent bacterial infections. Nailfresh is only a dehydrator....hence why if using it you would use Scrubfresh after it...before primer...OK?

Ezbond is also a cleanser and dehydrator. HTH

You don't need to go straight to the Power prep.....you can just use Scrubfresh and then use CND's Acid Free primer....Primer is a prep booster....and can be used with Retention+.
If the problem defnitely is a very oily nail plate then you can add in the extra dehydration that Nailfresh gives you and do the Power prep.
Although sometimes just scrubfreshing and priming each seperate nail as you go just before application works a treat with these clients.
HTH

This is what i do on myself and a few of my clients.. mainly my guitar players and sports freaks.. myself as i swim daily.. I can boast that i never have lifting on myself.. and only occaisonal lifting (very mild) on my clients..
I use retention+ and cnd acid free primer

No CND Prep uses Scrubfresh...because it not only dehydrates the nail plate it cleanses it to prevent bacterial infections. Nailfresh is only a dehydrator....hence why if using it you would use Scrubfresh after it...before primer...OK?

Ezbond is also a cleanser and dehydrator. HTH

now i have my bottle of nailfresh in my hand and it says....'natural nail deep cleanser and temporary dehydrator' so now what
izzidoll so glad you're online tonight - hope you haven't nipped away now?

now i have my bottle of nailfresh in my hand and it says....'natural nail deep cleanser and temporary dehydrator' so now what

As far as I am aware....NailFresh is a natural nail temporary hydrator. It has no pathogen fighters in it, and it acts as a power prep when used before Scrubfresh.

TBH I have never had any need for Nailfresh in my enhancement services, and have ended up using mine to detail my polish application and smile lines in French manicures.

I am about to nip away now though...........it is getting late lol:lol:

99.99% OF THE TIME ALL THAT IS NECESSARY IS TO USE SCRUBFRESH.

In 20 years I have never run across all these oily nail plates everyone talks about. I NEVER use anything but ScrubFresh and have never done a so called power prep in my life using CND products. PREP could not be easier than CND prep. One product does it all. ScrubFresh leaves germ fighting agents in the nail plate to combat against bacterial infection ... Nail Fresh does not do this so use what is recommended by CND which is ScrubFresh.

i only ever use scrubfresh
i have some primer, in my drawer at the back!!
and nail fresh i use for tidying up polish !!
so easy

99.99% OF THE TIME ALL THAT IS NECESSARY IS TO USE SCRUBFRESH.

In 20 years I have never run across all these oily nail plates everyone talks about. I NEVER use anything but ScrubFresh and have never done a so called power prep in my life using CND products. PREP could not be easier than CND prep. One product does it all. ScrubFresh leaves germ fighting agents in the nail plate to combat against bacterial infection ... Nail Fresh does not do this so use what is recommended by CND which is ScrubFresh.

I think I know what their problem is Gigi, I have seen that most techs when they start wipe the nail with ScrubFresh and when you did my nail (which is still perfect and I still love and I am still shoving in peoples faces:lol:) I noticed that you Scrub the nail with ScrubFresh, which is what I do ever since you told me to, and thats something that tends to get missed in a lot of training. Scrub the nail right into the side walls gently but firmly scrub or maybe the word is clean;) right into the cuticle and the lifting problems disappear. Have no idea which link it would be, might even have been a demo by Sam:eek: anyway I clearly remember being told to scrub/rub/clean the nail plate for a good 5 seconds and it works.

yep me too, i scrub the nail,
i wrap the lint free pad round my finger( thats why that nails slowly dissolves lol)
and i always count to 5 ( in my head lmao)

Thats why its called "scrub" fresh.. not wipefresh ;) I have used Nail fresh once on a genuine set of oily nail plates, you could litterally see the nail start to oil up after 3 minutes of being scrubfreshed (she had really oily facial skin also) so they do exist, but they are rare.

I think I know what their problem is Gigi, I have seen that most techs when they start wipe the nail with ScrubFresh and when you did my nail (which is still perfect and I still love and I am still shoving in peoples faces:lol:) I noticed that you Scrub the nail with ScrubFresh, which is what I do ever since you told me to, and thats something that tends to get missed in a lot of training. Scrub the nail right into the side walls gently but firmly scrub or maybe the word is clean;) right into the cuticle and the lifting problems disappear. Have no idea which link it would be, might even have been a demo by Sam:eek: anyway I clearly remember being told to scrub/rub/clean the nail plate for a good 5 seconds and it works.

Great Points here SusieH!!

Yes SCRUB is the operative word. CND ambassadors always teach this and demonstrate it at every class but is sometimes goes over the students head.

Another thing is that some use too much ScrubFresh and the nail is still damp with it when they apply the product. Nails must be bone dry and when product is applied.

So many things to learn but you are right, SCRUBBING for a couple of seconds is the key and a firm wipe around the nail folds to finish off. :)

Glad you love your nail!!

Latest posts

Back