Princes Trust

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zowee

Reaction score
After reading several threads about the Princes Trust i did an online enquiry. I havent heard anything yet but i supposr they are always really busy.

My question is, has anyone worked with the Princes Trust? If so did it benefit you and your business? What was your experience like?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

princes trust have recently just paid 500 for my waxing courses, i never got a reply to my first enquiry so i just mailed them again xx

I was going to ask them for help with my college fees next year.

Do you get to meet them face to face or is it all done through phone and email?

Sent from my GT-S5360

You do alot on the phone and then meet somebody to fill out paperwork.

£500 is only payable in certain areas of the country, i know scotland is. The rest is £200.

i didn't need meet anyone due to me having agoraphobia, so all mines was done via phone and email xx

i didn't need meet anyone due to me having agoraphobia, so all mines was done via phone and email xx

How do you get around working with it hun? Must be really hard! Well done you for not letting anything stoo you!!

Thank you for your replies :)

Im in Cornwall, not sure where my nearest office would be, maybe Plymouth!?! Will just have to see how it goes.

Sent from my GT-S5360

Hello, I started my own business when I was 21 (im 22 now) I got my own salon and it was the princes trust that helped me aswell as family.
If you know what you really want they can help you.
They gave me a grant which i am currently paying back every month.
but before I was given the grant I had to go on a weeks course (free) which involves a HMRC day, how to work out profit and loss, how to advertise properly to get people's attention. And a quick look on business plan.
Once the course is finished it is then down to you to sort your business plan out letting them know everything , where you see your self in 1 year 2 year an 3 year. What stock you currently own what you still need. Oh the list is endless.
After the plan is done you then go in for your grant, the course mentor sets it up and you go in a room of 3 people these people may be one of your mentors or just people you haven't met yet. You have to explain to them why your good enough for this grant what makes you better than others around you, then they decide if ya get it or not.
If you get it you are away to go so long as you have a business account set up for it to go in, they also set you up with a business mentor that either comes to your work or you meet them somewhere else n just discuss any troubles you might have.
I met prince Charles from it this February.

How do you get around working with it hun? Must be really hard! Well done you for not letting anything stoo you!!

well its been quite difficult getting to training ect, i've just really needed to be brave thats 4 years i've had it now :( i work from home so i use that an advantage but im hoping it will make me more confident so that i can venture outdoors more, only way i get out is if i'm going to training or the doctors or my boyfriends at the weekend & even thats a struggle, one point i was in the house everyday for 2 & a half years then i started going out with my boyfriend and went to his at weekend and slowly progressed from there xxx

Climbed up Ben Lomond on Monday to raise money for The Prince's Trust so hopefully it will benefit some of you. I know of a few girls who have set up their own beauty rooms with thanks to The Prince's Trust it's a good cause.

Climbed up Ben Lomond on Monday to raise money for The Prince's Trust so hopefully it will benefit some of you. I know of a few girls who have set up their own beauty rooms with thanks to The Prince's Trust it's a good cause.

That is definetly something to be proud off!

I had a call of the Princes Trust who said they have received my application, i qualify for some help and ill get a call from somebody in the next week :D Happy !!

Sent from my GT-S5360

Latest posts

Back