Princess / pamper parties - what age groups do you target?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
hi
still working on my packages - have so far worked out packages for princesses (4-7 yrs) and pamper/spa & makeover packages for ages 8-12 yrs .. offering mini age appropriate beauty treatments
also plan to offer bear making parties and craft parties for mixed ages up to 12 yrs, however not sure whether to offer parties for teens 13+? just wondered if there would be a demand for it. do teenagers actually still have parties at home or do they tend to do there own thing, ie bowling, pictures tc .. to be honest, some of them scare the hell out of me - im seriously thinking of having a cut off of age 12 for my parties
also which aspect of pamper parties do you think your guest tend to prefer, makeup, masks, manis etc? and would a straight mani/nail art party work well?
any advice about above would be much appreciated !

It is probably worth checking with your insurance company to see if they have any age restrictions in their policy.

I was asked to do glitter tattoos and nails for a party for 11year old girls last week. The glitter tattoos go down really well and are really easy.
The nails.....well it was a bit of a nightmare TBH. I was on the corner of the dining table....while I was trying to paint their itsy bitsy nails the other girls were sat round and kept knocking the table, the girl who was having her nails done was reaching with the other hand to get food, etc. etc......you get the jist......anyway, lets just say I didn't do the best job, which I wasn't happy about as it wasn't really a very good reflection of my painting skills.

So in future I plan not to offer coloured polishes and instead to just pop a clear base coat, a choice of nail art and a clear top coat.....that way if they wriggle about it's easily fixed and there's no uneven cuticle line, polish on the skin etc.

I would also make sure you check with your insurance.

I wouldn't really state any age cut offs,(insurance allowing) let them decide whether what you're offering is what they are after.

HTH, Lou xx

Can I just ask, where do you get the glitter tattoo's from?

Was just reading this post and as I am new mobile therapist I am looking at all ways to get by business going, is there a good demand for pamper parties for kids? How much is the average charge and what treatments would that usually involve, thankyou.

I have been doin pamper parties for years! loubilicious i like your nail art idea and your totally right kids do mess up there nails :irked: and it can get you down especially if your a pefectionist like me, I do offer one touch up but really i find that most of the kids dont care anyway after a while (depending on the age the younger they are the more they just want to run around) and parents just want you to keep them busy, so they dont have too and most parents know the kids are going to mess them up anyway most of the parties i do have got other things going on aswell, I done a pamper pool party a week ago for 20 8yr olds i advised client that no ones nails or glitter tattoos would be perfect because there all going to be in and out of the pool no matter how many times you tell them to wait till there nails are dry and the mum shrugged and said it doesnt matter the girls will love it anyway and wanted to book it regardless!
(note: glitter tatoos all remained perfect when the children got out of the pool suprisingly and the nails wernt toooooo bad either)

Also my mummy :hug: works in the local primary school and alot of parties i do are children she knows and sees everyday you would be suprised that even on the kids that did have perfectly painted nails there parents take the colour off when they get home anyway alot of my parties are on week nights down to the fact that parents like holding parties on the actual day of the childs birthdays when there that young and alot of schools dont allow nail polish to be worn.

@sukic I bought my glitter tattoo kits at excel 2 years ago. but i was flicking fru the argos book the other day and i saw my almost identical kit in there only it had the Rio brand all over it instead, i believe it was £24.99.

its horrible to feel like you havnt done a perfect job but you and everyone else know what children are like parents cant expect you to sit on there children to keep them still.

I only go up to 12 year olds but i have made a few exceptions and i dont offer make up as i feel that young girls do not need it and shouldnt be introduced to it to early in life! but i use a glitter spray in there hair glitter tattoos and nail n toe paints for 12 and unders and have been known to offer face masks for 14+ but ultimately its down to the parents to decide what there comfortable with there children receiving treatment wise.

Wow sorry about the long post :green: HTH though xx

thank you for your replies ..
i get my glitter tattoos from glitter body art - they do a pro kit for around £80, but if you dont want to spend that much you can buy them individually also. just google them and they should be first on the list
i shall be offering princess/fairy face painting, painted nails and basic nail art ie. stickers or gems plus hair sparkles and either a tiara or fairy wings for the littlies along themed crafts, games with prizes etc ..
for the older girls ie. 8-12 yrs was thinking of offering age appropriate mini beauty treatments such as mini manis, pedis, facials, makeovers - will be using professional products such as opi, cnd, jane iredale etc .. i dont agree with the girls being too made up, so will only apply shimmery eyeshadows and lipgloss plus a face jewel - no blusher, eyeliner or mascara
just have to work out what im going to charge, do you tend to charge by the hour or individual treatment?

forgot to ask .. those who offer kids pamper parties already, who are you insured with?

mikyla_jay
i have tried to pm you twice asking for advice, b ut both times the page crashed when i pressed submit -i think my messages were so long, computer couldnt cope!
im currently drawing up a business plan for the pamper parties and have so many questions swirling around in my head, i just wondered if you would take a look through and possibly advise on any of the following:

1) approx how many parties do you hold on a monthly basis?
2) how many kids to you tend to cater for at each party - max/min?
3) do you work alone or with an assistant?
4) what are the popular midweek time slots - and how long do the parties last?
5) what are the most popular party packages / treatments?
6) do you offer pyjama parties, and are they popular?
7) do you include crafts, games/prizes or party bags - or offer as an "extra"?
8) who are you insured with?
9) how do you promote yourself? do you have a web site?
10) do you pay to advertise - have already enquired will cost £80+ :eek:for primary times - does anyone advertise with these and get good response, do you get good response from free entertainement directories
11) do mums book parties or treatments for their daughters/themselves after their daughter has attended one of your parties
12) how do you price your parties - by the hour or individual treatment?
13) do you offer corporate or wedding services or attend school fetes, fund raisers etc ..?
14) do you offer discount vouchers for beauty treatments for the mums and if so, do they use them?

the above questions are for mikyla_jay or anyone who has been offering these parties for some time - the answers would be most beneficial to myself and anyone else thinking of offering kids pamper parties
i would be so so grateful if you could take the time to reply, but will totally understand if you'd rather not

thanks in advance sarah

Last edited:
I'd be interested in this too. You lot have got me thinking...:green:

hey hun i received your message and replied same day!!! send me a message if you did not receive my PM and i will resend huni xxx

Hi there - I too am looking at starting kids nail parties - what great questions you have - I know you posted this a while ago but would you mind sending/posting the answers to these. It would help me greatly. Thanks in Advance Sarah

my email [email protected]

So in future I plan not to offer coloured polishes and instead to just pop a clear base coat, a choice of nail art and a clear top coat.....that way if they wriggle about it's easily fixed and there's no uneven cuticle line, polish on the skin etc.

Hi Loubilicious
are you using freehand nail art?

Hi Loubilicious
are you using freehand nail art?
Hi,
I have stickers, decals, gems etc. and a couple of very simple hand painted choices.......simple flowers, polka dots, stripes & patterns etc.

mikyla_jay
i have tried to pm you twice asking for advice, b ut both times the page crashed when i pressed submit -i think my messages were so long, computer couldnt cope!
im currently drawing up a business plan for the pamper parties and have so many questions swirling around in my head, i just wondered if you would take a look through and possibly advise on any of the following:

1) approx how many parties do you hold on a monthly basis?
2) how many kids to you tend to cater for at each party - max/min?
3) do you work alone or with an assistant?
4) what are the popular midweek time slots - and how long do the parties last?
5) what are the most popular party packages / treatments?
6) do you offer pyjama parties, and are they popular?
7) do you include crafts, games/prizes or party bags - or offer as an "extra"?
8) who are you insured with?
9) how do you promote yourself? do you have a web site?
10) do you pay to advertise - have already enquired will cost £80+ :eek:for primary times - does anyone advertise with these and get good response, do you get good response from free entertainement directories
11) do mums book parties or treatments for their daughters/themselves after their daughter has attended one of your parties
12) how do you price your parties - by the hour or individual treatment?
13) do you offer corporate or wedding services or attend school fetes, fund raisers etc ..?
14) do you offer discount vouchers for beauty treatments for the mums and if so, do they use them?

the above questions are for mikyla_jay or anyone who has been offering these parties for some time - the answers would be most beneficial to myself and anyone else thinking of offering kids pamper parties
i would be so so grateful if you could take the time to reply, but will totally understand if you'd rather not

thanks in advance sarah

Hi sarah

i would love to know how your childrens pamper party biz is going ???
do you get many mid week bookings?? and how you got on with adverising with primary times ??

Things are abit quiet at the moment so im looking into new ways to increase work

Any advice you could offer would be amazing xxxx

Latest posts

Back