Princess parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
eek, Im not even up and running yet (will be in about 3 or 4 days!) and ive been asked if I do princess parties.

Thing is, I have no idea what one is or what you do at them!
I have 3 young boys and know very little about little girls and what they like :(

Can someone enlighten me please as to what one is and what would you do at one?

Thank you so much
Caz
x

eek, Im not even up and running yet (will be in about 3 or 4 days!) and ive been asked if I do princess parties.

I have 3 young boys and know very little about little girls and what they like :(

Thank you so much
Caz
x

I have these on my business plan, painting little girls finger n toe nails, gems transfers etc. maybe jewellery making , stick on tattoos stuff like that. If you do make up then a little makeover. Hope this helps xx

Thank you so much
Caz
x

Usually a few girls... Upto maybe 10 have a party for birthdays etc. you charge per head... And basically pamper them... And provide a little goody bag x

Glittery nails, temp tattoos, chocolate fountain, sweet necklaces, nail stickers, glittery lipgloss..

Thank you! Sound fun and something to add in the future but not right at the moment when in still finding my feet.
X

hi hun

these parties are great little money makers and can be as simple or elaborate as you want. I offer polish rockstar nail parties. My mini rockstar is simply lumos, glittery polish, glitter then lumos again. I have maximum of eight girls, take my mani table, glitters, my soon to be blinged box full of files, glitter etc, towels and away i go. I do a nice little conveyor belt system whereby i file each girl, then base coat each girl, then glitter each girl whatever colour or colours they want, then top coat. It keeps them occupied and allows each coat to dry. I word it so that they invite me to their party or sleep over ie I'm the entertainer so to speak and not the party organiser.

They can have a straight forward rockstar party or they can add cupcakes to it and a pandora style bracelet for each girl.

For two hours work, low product cost and happy sparkly girls its great. I know you're just setting up but I'd go for it hun especially as January is a notoriously quiet month in the industry. Could carve out a nice little niche for yourself in your area.

Love n hugs x x x

hi hun

these parties are great little money makers and can be as simple or elaborate as you want. I offer polish rockstar nail parties. My mini rockstar is simply lumos, glittery polish, glitter then lumos again. I have maximum of eight girls, take my mani table, glitters, my soon to be blinged box full of files, glitter etc, towels and away i go. I do a nice little conveyor belt system whereby i file each girl, then base coat each girl, then glitter each girl whatever colour or colours they want, then top coat. It keeps them occupied and allows each coat to dry. I word it so that they invite me to their party or sleep over ie I'm the entertainer so to speak and not the party organiser.

They can have a straight forward rockstar party or they can add cupcakes to it and a pandora style bracelet for each girl.

For two hours work, low product cost and happy sparkly girls its great. I know you're just setting up but I'd go for it hun especially as January is a notoriously quiet month in the industry. Could carve out a nice little niche for yourself in your area.

Love n hugs x x x

Now im tempted!! lol
Its the sort of thing I would have loved as a small girl, I love girly things and bling (my 14yr old sister in law loves me doing her nails)

I'd want to try to keep it simple. I like your way of conveyer belt style. Brilliant idea! Going to have a good think and see what I can come up with and charges etc. Maybe offer small goody bags with files etc.
Thanks for your help
Caz
x

Hi

I did one recently too. They were very much into Pink along with Hello Kitty mini nail stickers. I allotted 15 minute time slots for each child (as I had 8 children for 2 hours work) allowing both hands & feet. The Cracked varnish effect went down brilliantly too...

Another thing brilliant was alphabetical transfers that I could put on their nails along with dimantes... With girls anything goes. Just be prepared to the odd Tom Boy who likes the black, Blue or multi-coloured nailed look :)

I got my mini hello kitty stickers off ebay: Heres one listed now on ebay auction: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Hope this helps .... :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320820055614?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Hi

I did one recently too. They were very much into Pink along with Hello Kitty mini nail stickers. I allotted 15 minute time slots for each child (as I had 8 children for 2 hours work) allowing both hands & feet. The Cracked varnish effect went down brilliantly too...

Another thing brilliant was alphabetical transfers that I could put on their nails along with dimantes... With girls anything goes. Just be prepared to the odd Tom Boy who likes the black, Blue or multi-coloured nailed look :)

I got my mini hello kitty stickers off ebay: Heres one listed now on ebay auction: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Hope this helps .... :lol:

Thank you! I'll have a look into Hello Kitty too.
I do nail art stamping and I know loads of girls love that, already my mind is swimming with loads of ideas of sparkly and stamping and stickers and gems!
I can tom boy too, im used to doing my 3 boys with glow in the dark and black and stamping stars lol
x

Hi geeks
Sorry to jump on the thread
I already offer kids pamper parties but i have been asked for teen parties and im at a total blank on wot packages to offer do yous just offer the same as kids parties or do yous offer things slightly different ? Xxx

Hi geeks
Sorry to jump on the thread
I already offer kids pamper parties but i have been asked for teen parties and im at a total blank on wot packages to offer do yous just offer the same as kids parties or do yous offer things slightly different ? Xxx

You're not jumping the thread at all! Its all a learning curve and good stuff to know. I was talking to my husbands work collegue over christmas about my nails and he asked if I did parties for teens. (Unfortunately he lives quite far away from me and I was no where near ready to do anything!) I had glitter nail polish with stamped stars over the top in silver. He said his 14yr old would LOVE nails like that. Also A teacher friend was picking my brains for info on Konad stamping to buy her 14yr old daughter for chrsitmas too.
So from that, I would guess they're similar to young girls, glitter, stamping, bling, but no too "girly".
(adding to that my also 14yr old (see the theme here! lol) sister in law loves me doing her nails and again she loves stamping, pink, glitter and gems.
HTH
xx

I would go for it hun! Its something I've been thinking about too.

How much does everyone charge? What do you take along with you? If you do party bags how much do you spend on each one?

My only concern would be does your insurance cover you or would you get each parent to sign a consent form to cover you?

OMG totally loving this idea - i'd thought of targeting Hen parties but never children's birthday parties - going to sit down this weekend and work out a plan - thanks everyone.

Would also be interest in how much people charge per child - but then i guess it depends on how much you spend on the goodie bags, which would presumably be as cheap as possible!

spent all morning researching this, Oops! (sorry hoovering and washing you'll have to wait)
In my area it seems most people charge £3 per head without goody bag.
I was thinking also of £3 per head and extra for goody bag depending on what I put in. Looked in bulk packs of toe separators, nail file and some nail stickers and some gems and possibly a small bottle of oil or polish depending if I can get them cheap enough. I'd be looking to charge £2 extra per bag.

As I have all the stuff already (minus the goody bags) im working on adding info to my website and flyers as we speak!

£3 per head seems really cheap - that can't possibly cover your time/travel/equipt?!!

I was thinking more like £10 per head - although giving the option of fingers, toes or fingers and toes, with or without goodie bag etc. Pressie for the birthday girl (something nail related).

You could also add in themes etc. princess, high school musical, Hannah Montanna etc.

I'm researching as we speak - work you will just have to wait!!

spent all morning researching this, Oops! (sorry hoovering and washing you'll have to wait)
In my area it seems most people charge £3 per head without goody bag.
I was thinking also of £3 per head and extra for goody bag depending on what I put in. Looked in bulk packs of toe separators, nail file and some nail stickers and some gems and possibly a small bottle of oil or polish depending if I can get them cheap enough. I'd be looking to charge £2 extra per bag.

As I have all the stuff already (minus the goody bags) im working on adding info to my website and flyers as we speak!

Wow £3.00? is that a typo?... seems way too cheap :Scared:

Im not doing parties at the moment but when I did it was between £8-£12 per head depending on what they wanted and the £2 extra per head for party bags :)

i charge between £8 & £12 depending on what they want. Party bags can be added for £2 per child, as can glitter tattoos.

Last edited:
hi geeks

first thing i did was ring my insurance, though my policy only covers me for fourteen years and above they told me as it was only a file and polish i could do younger. I had to get parental consent and consultation form for each child as well or i wouldn't be covered.

I charge a flat rate of £75 for a maximum of eight children for mini rockstar polish party. The price remains the same even if they only have six children attending for example and I'm there for two hours. If they want maxi rockstar polish party i charge £150 this includes freshly made cupcakes from a local cake company and a pandora style bracelet for each child which again someone else makes local. I don't really make anymore myself if they do a maxi or mini rockstar party, i just charge a bit more for my time in collecting cupcakes, ordering bracelets etc.

My outlay is small, small fingers small amount of glitter and polish used, petrol and disposables makes this a profitable thing to offer and as said before great for the quieter months.

Hth x x x

hi geeks

first thing i did was ring my insurance, though my policy only covers me for fourteen years and above they told me as it was only a file and polish i could do younger. I had to get parental consent and consultation form for each child as well or i wouldn't be covered.

I charge a flat rate of £75 for a maximum of eight children for mini rockstar polish party. The price remains the same even if they only have six children attending for example and I'm there for two hours. If they want maxi rockstar polish party i charge £150 this includes freshly made cupcakes from a local cake company and a pandora style bracelet for each child which again someone else makes local. I don't really make anymore myself if they do a maxi or mini rockstar party, i just charge a bit more for my time in collecting cupcakes, ordering bracelets etc.

My outlay is small, small fingers small amount of glitter and polish used, petrol and disposables makes this a profitable thing to offer and as said before great for the quieter months.

Hth x x x

Do you do a Mani and pedi for this price? Or just a Rockstar mani? I'm guessing this is just the princess parties. Would you charge more if if was for teens?

Sorry for all the questions x

No problem hun ask away.

I do just a rockstar mani for this price hun. I can do feet if wanted but with glitter can get a bit messy especially as its polish so takes longer to dry. I did three boys toes the other day and it was carnage getting them to sit still lol! It can be done but find less smudging on hands and means they aren't having to wait for feet to dry totally before moving off round clients house.

I haven't really got an age range cut off point. Ha ha I'm a bit out of touch with the young folk these days.The eldest i did was a group of eleven and twelve year old girls, they were really great, sat chatting about the boys they fancied, other girls at school, latest music vids and such like, but they also had their blackberries clamped to their side lol! I'd probably say highest age group would be thirteen, fourteen at a push and I'd charge the same for say a group of six year olds or a group of thirteen year olds. They still have dinky nails and often hardly any free edge!

This year i plan to do a few school fairs and fetes specifically for promoting these parties. Could also make a nice little sum by demoing or performing glitter nails on the kids on the day of the fair to offset against stall price. Also you potentially expand your client base which for me is great as I'm still all new to this malarky, and what i mean by this is you have contact details for the parents from the consent form so I've added them to my mailing list!

hth helps hun, sorry I've waffled a bit lol!

Latest posts

Back