Private label

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibrowtime

Reaction score
So guys,
Last time I got some amazing advice from here which has really pushed me forward. Now the next step. I basically have trademarked a name for my own beauty treatment. Now what I want to do is get 2 or 3 products private label in the same name. I found a company in the US and have sampled there products. I really like them and want to push forward with it. So I am aware of CPNP and the product information file which all EU products must comply with. The products are suitable for EU market and meet all regulations. I just wondered if I had to reregister on CPNP and have my own PIF. I have looked everywhere for this information and am having no luck. I am waiting on a couple of replies. I asked the private label company and this was there reply:

In reply to your request - we have already registered all of the products featured in the attached EU catalogue. I also included a document on which you will find our CPNP numbers. We have already gone through the process of identifying a responsible party in Europe and registered all of the products under our business name which is “****** ****** Limited”. The responsible party is *******.

We then mark the distributor on the product containers - which would be your business name.

By doing this - we have taken on all of the time and expense to sell compliant items that come with a box approved with the necessary information and bottom labels.

If this is not the way you would like to proceed - you can work through ***** to get the products registered in your name. The cost tends to be about $1500 per category and then about $150 per shade. Then you would have to have your own boxes and bottom labels made. Most people find this somewhat costly and most people d not want to go through this option.

We currently ship to customers in Germany, Spain, Ireland, Northern Ireland, the Netherlands, France, Great Britain, Scotland and a few other countries using our current registration system.

Does this sound right?

sorry for the long winded post and thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Sounds right to me but I'm by no means an expert.
I've never understood why/how people make a business on white labelled products but that's just me.

Thanks for the reply. I more trying to make my business around my treatment and I'm using the products to enhance it. We'll that's the plan ha!
Anyone else think my original post might be correct?

Have one posted this in the right category?

Can anyone help please?

Latest posts

Back