Pro Beauty FREE Master Classes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolate

Reaction score
I have just finished organising the Professional Beauty Masterclasses line up for Excel in March. We have some of the top names in the industry covering a massive range of subjects from natural nails to extensions, nail art and health and safety. Im sooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

The full line up will be on the PB website very soon, but as a little taster we have Sam and GiGi with MINX, Young Nails, Jessica, EZ Flow and more!

AND.................................NEW at PB................................

“Get Interactive with the experts at Professional Beauty!”

Professional Beauty are delighted to announce that for the first time nail technicians and beauty therapists can get interactive with some of the top nail experts in the industry! Different hands on workshops offering you the chance to extend your skills and talents in a new direction. From using an electric nail file and reverse application technique with Young Nails, to creating the perfect sculpts and nail designs with the EZ Flow team, who are also on hand to solve all your nail problems in their nail surgery! Its a great chance to get up close and personal with your fav icon whilst learning and perfecting a new nail skill. And the best news is.... they are FREE! So, come and get interactive from some great icons of the nail industry!

And its all FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

That sounds ace Rachel...more new and exciting stuff to look forward to
Jo :hug:

Ooooohhhhhh - sounds great Rachel! Do we have to pre-book our places for these 'interactive workshops' as I imagine the places will be limited?

BRILL!!!! ............and that does make it worth paying for entry!!!!!

Ooooohhhhh..... getting itchy feet now. That's such a long way to travel but I know I'm just going to need to come and take part in some of this.

Sounds great.. and would love to see minx in action too

BRILL!!!! ............and that does make it worth paying for entry!!!!!

There are many reasons why paying for entry is a good thing ... the most important being that it keeps the riff raff out.

Everyone has complained for years at how the public are attending professional shows more and more bringing push chairs and children and their in laws etc. etc. Attendance at shows by professionals has gone down and down for the past few years and some of the best distributors have stopped attending the shows because the professionals are not there in the numbers they were used to.

Lets hope this bold move of charging for entry will once again bring back the professionals to the shows and address the problems we have all been complaining about for so long.

One might even be able to HEAR the speakers at the seminars this year without all the background noise of children, shoving and pushing and general mayhem.

Can't wait for the show and classes and agree on Prof only. Its not a great feeling bumping into a client stocking up!!

There are many reasons why paying for entry is a good thing ... the most important being that it keeps the riff raff out.

Everyone has complained for years at how the public are attending professional shows more and more bringing push chairs and children and their in laws etc. etc. Attendance at shows by professionals has gone down and down for the past few years and some of the best distributors have stopped attending the shows because the professionals are not there in the numbers they were used to.

Lets hope this bold move of charging for entry will once again bring back the professionals to the shows and address the problems we have all been complaining about for so long.

One might even be able to HEAR the speakers at the seminars this year without all the background noise of children, shoving and pushing and general mayhem.

I wish that would happen here in sydney, children in strollers, running around screeming, many suppliers here are not attending anymore.maybe sydney should charge entry fees. what a great idea.

I wish that would happen here in sydney, children in strollers, running around screeming, many suppliers here are not attending anymore.maybe sydney should charge entry fees. what a great idea.

I think the distributors need to take their industry back themselves by either not attending the shows and forcing the show organisers to do something to get the professionals there OR all distributors ban together and put on their own shows and control everything themselves. We used to do this 20 years ago and the shows were heaps cheaper to attend without the greedy stand fees and we got our customers there!!!

I notice that even though the organisers stand to gain by charging an entry fee, the price to take a stand has not gone down by one penny ... like in Las Vegas .. the HOUSE always wins.

I think the distributors need to take their industry back themselves by either not attending the shows and forcing the show organizers to do something to get the professionals there OR all distributors ban together and put on their own shows and control everything themselves. We used to do this 20 years ago and the shows were heaps cheaper to attend without the greedy stand fees and we got our customers there!!!

I notice that even though the organizers stand to gain by charging an entry fee, the price to take a stand has not gone down by one penny ... like in Las Vegas .. the HOUSE always wins.

Sooo.... Why don't you do just that? One of the exhibitors told me how much a stand costs and I was gob smacked!!! It a ridiculous amount of money and the only reason they let the public in is to up the numbers they can show to distributers to try and warrant the ridiculous fee!!

I do hope this brings back the nail and beauty exhibitors as I was very disappointed last time I attended a show it was more like a market with obscure stands! It was all sell sell sell no proper demo's like it used to be!

Believe me, im working my little bum off (actually, my bums not that little but you know what i mean!), to make this a show worth attending for nail techs! PB have put more into the masterclasses, securing some of the big names, and the nail comps have some amazing prizes and bigger trophies so it will be well worth it. The new interactive workshops are a great idea to actually get hands on help from the experts. So if you make the most of the show, plan your visit in advance with the new PB planner and book your ticket at £10, it will be a tenner well spent!

FREE entry tickets are being given to all nail competitiors and their models and aslo all ANT members (whose membership was valid at the time of the closure).

P. S. OMG Gigi, i remember the old days when we used to book the hotels and do our own, we did one in Leeds together about 10 years ago and it was one of the best! :)

Believe me, im working my little bum off (actually, my bums not that little but you know what i mean!), to make this a show worth attending for nail techs! PB have put more into the masterclasses, securing some of the big names, and the nail comps have some amazing prizes and bigger trophies so it will be well worth it. The new interactive workshops are a great idea to actually get hands on help from the experts. So if you make the most of the show, plan your visit in advance with the new PB planner and book your ticket at £10, it will be a tenner well spent!

FREE entry tickets are being given to all nail competitiors and their models and aslo all ANT members (whose membership was valid at the time of the closure).

P. S. OMG Gigi, i remember the old days when we used to book the hotels and do our own, we did one in Leeds together about 10 years ago and it was one of the best! :)

Keep up the good work Rachel - I'm really looking forward to Excel and have my ticket. See you there!:hug:

Just bumping this up as i have had a few meassages regarding the line up.

We have 3 days of nail masterclasses, from 45 mins to 90 mins each on lots of subjects such as nail extensions, nail art, natural nails, going mobile, etc. We also have the big nail debate, i will do a new post as i need some questions for the experts. You do not need to book in advance as we have a large area the main floor as we know they are gonna be good! :):):)

Visit www.professionalbeauty.co.uk for more info.

Had lots of calls so just bumping this to say, you DO NOT need to book for the workshops or the masterclasses!

Just turn up, learn and enjoy!

[quote=geeg;857597]I think the distributors need to take their industry back themselves by either not attending the shows and forcing the show organisers to do something to get the professionals there OR all distributors ban together and put on their own shows and control everything themselves. We used to do this 20 years ago and the shows were heaps cheaper to attend without the greedy stand fees and we got our customers there!!!

Here, here. I agree totally with all the above.
This would enable distributors to offer good and better discounts all round.

All the same I really hope it's a great great show despite the 'current climate' and I'm excited already.

Last edited:
Rachel,

Will all the masterclasses be available to view online after the show?

There are soo many to choose from - i hope i can watch them if i miss any!!

thanks
Rachel

They will be available on line after is the advice we have at the moment, but it will available to those that attend the show only as far as we are aware at the moment. Unless Rachel has any further update to add...

Also don't forget that we have a fantastic day of FREE interactive workshops planned on Tuesday with the likes of Denise Wright, Kirsty Lund, Gemma Lambert, Antony Buckley, Sam Biddle, Georgie Smedley, Clare Kelly and Jenni Draper to give you hands on practice, advice and more.

We have been asked a few times about booking for the masterclasses and workshops as at previous shows you have to pre-book your place. This year they are open to all. Just show your entry badge at the entrance to the masterclasses and in you go..... couldn't be easier.

We have a brand new masterclass this year by the infamous Suzy Lamplugh Trust, the experts in personal safety advice. If you are mobile, or work in a salon alone at any time, your personal safety is a massive issue and should be taken very seriously.

Monday 11.30 - 12.15.
Suzy Lamplugh Trust
“Is your Personal Safety important to you?”
Whether your mobile or salon based, come along and see the famous Suzy Lamplugh Trust gives top personal safety information for nail techs and beauty therapists. The trust emphasises that anyone who works on the own are vulnerable, so if that means you, then this lecture is unmissable. Our speaker, Sarah Haddon, is also a prt time mobile beauty therapist so has the perfect understanding of our industry!

More ifo will be added to the PB website soon!

We have been advised by PB that all the masterclasses will be available to view online following the show as long as you have a valid badge for Excel 2009.

We are still waiting for finer details of how this will work but have been advised that it will happen. So for all the techs working their butts off over the 3 days and for competitors who are stuck in the comp room or just if you are there but happen to miss the one you desparately wanted to see you will now be able to watch them online.

This is fantastic news! I am so very happy for this and I am looking forward to coming to London now. It will also be nice to get the chance to see the masterclassed after the show as I always loose something because of the language barrier. Haha, sometimes you just speak too fast! :-D

:hug:C.

Latest posts

Back