Pro Beauty mag needs your stuff!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolate

Reaction score
Would you like to see your stuff in Pro Beauty?!?! Well now you have your chance! I have also posted this thread in chit chat so nobody can miss it!

There has been some negative posts about the nail content in PB mag. I have to agree with lack of content for experienced nail techs and have told them that the nail content needs to be improved. Jenni and Laura are both really nice ladies, very approachable and down to earth. They have listened and are working hard to improve things. But, they need your help to be able to do this. Its a catch 22, if the info is not supplied, they have nothing to print.

So i am asking anybody and everybody to send something to PB. Laura and Jenni will work out what is useable and where it can go. From step by steps on nails, nail art, manicures etc to salon news, have you opened a salon recently, have you won awards/comps, could you write an article on any nail subject, do you have any questions on nails you want answered.....

If you are really not sure what to send, then send questions... This can promt the ladies to ask industry experts on subject issues that you would like to see in the mag. If you dont tell us what you want to read about, how are they ment to know.

If you are a company supplier, then you could write an article on your education days, new products, new ideas etc.

Some ideas so far..... encapsulation, fancy french 3D work, rebalance techniques on pink & whites, electric files, working on problem nails such as claw and hooked, MSD sheets and product ingrediants, designing a client card and aftercare leaflet, local council bylaws, the new Popits techniques, valentine promotions and nail art, client loyalty schemes, choosing a business name, bones/muscles/blood supply to arms and legs, job interview techniques, staff contracts, desk ventilation and first aid techniques.

So please do your bit, it really will make a difference and you may get to see your work in the mag!

If anybody would like to Pm me, please feel free anytime, or you can email [email protected], or call the office on 0208 302 2020!

what fab news that they are going to put more nail stuff in i will be happy to help with anything i really loved pb before it all went into the 1 mag so lets help try and get it back on track girlies xx:hug:xx

Same over here. I have a lot of pictures of my 3D work and airbrush designs. Should i just send the pictures in?

Same over here. I have a lot of pictures of my 3D work and airbrush designs. Should i just send the pictures in?

You can post them on the gallery on here Mieke but you will only probably get one picture on us less you subscribe to be a premium geek, which had loads more picture space on the gallery. Would love to see some pictures of your work though.

this could be a great oppertunity what can i do. dnt have many pics as some o my greatest nails were in the salon and have no camera, thatel teach me lol. pease let me know what they are looking for and what i can do as i woud love a oppertunity like this.

You can post them on the gallery on here Mieke but you will only probably get one picture on us less you subscribe to be a premium geek, which had loads more picture space on the gallery. Would love to see some pictures of your work though.

How can i become a premium geek? I would like to join the elite geek club lol :green: + what are the costs?

Hi everyone,
Once again I am soliciting your views on Professional Beauty - and hoping the response is better than that for my last request.
We need people to take part in a reader focus group to tell us what they love or hate about the new look Professional Beauty.
So if you are up for voicing your opinions in front of people who can actually make a difference then get in contact with me ([email protected]) and I'll put your name forward.
Thanks and have a merry Christmas
Yours Laura

HI Laura

I did a post on your behalf on Sunday called "Professional Beauty needs your stuff" and there are a few replies. Please can you let the girls know what kind of pics, ie the quality/format etc.

Lets hope this gets a better response, come on geeks, lets help make PB a great mag for nail technicians!

Thank you to those that have replyed and PM'd me. Its good to hear from nail techs, even if your comments are negative ones.

If you have any questions, please email Laura direct as i dont know what the technical info means!!!! [email protected]

Laura has also just done another post and PB really would like to hear from you all. They want to improve the mag and need support from the industry to be able to do this.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO REPLY!! It is much appreciated, thank you.

I have merged the two threads, just to keep the board tidy LOL.

Come one everyone - have you ever been part of a thread on here which states your opinion on the new format Professional Beauty magazine.

If you have then now is your chance to really do something about it.

Thank you Fiona, thats easier that trying to keep up with 2 posts! Your comments are appreciated and i have always valued your support. I do wish more techs were like you who actually do something about it!

My confusion is.......... why does everybody moan about the mag, but when they get the chance to make a difference, all goes quiet......................!:irked:

Hiya

Dont know whether it has been mentioned already or whether it is something that Professional Beauty plan to do on a regular basis but I love it when I read about the day in the life of other techs and beauty therapists. I would also love to know more about how others have built up there business.

Perhaps also an agony aunt type page where people can write to or e-mail with particular problems they are having and replies can then perhaps be put into the mag to help us all.

I would love to know more about how people get involved in doing treatments for the rich and famous and also how things are done for photo shoots etc.

Does this give you something to go on?

I think its quiet with it being the time of year it is too...the board overall is a little quieter than usual...
plus I think everyone is having a play with the new chat room lol...

I would like to see detailed step by steps..
and product information..
I am visual as most of us...I like seeing more than I like reading ..
Not the best way to learn things..but it works for me..

I would like to see mabey a feature from some of the industry's leaders (if thats the right word)
saying how they began and ended up where they are today..
That will give all of us little fish's a insight into getting where we want to be..

also mabey.."a day in the life"
following different nail technicians from home based..to session techs..

Also I think some business help pages would be cool...things like
advice on taking a good photo of your nails for portfolio's
and business card help...price list wording help....website advice.

all thats sort of thing that sometimes get missed...but yet as we know from here a lot of people struggle with these things...
And when starting out don't have funds to pay for these things professionaly.

Not only that..some people like the thought of making there own business cards...websites etc...its more presonal..and some pride comes from doiing your own too...

Hope this helps just a little quick input from mwah ! :lol:

Thats some fab ideas, ta so v v v much!

Just had some good news that PB are putting together a nail forum group to discuss the PB mag, so they are really trying to make things better for us techs!

Thank you once again for the emails and Pm's. Had some really useful info sent.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for responding with all your ideas and suggestions about how to make PB more relevant for nails people.
The interesting thing is some of your suggestions are things we have been including in the mag - the day in the life feature for example. We have also profiled people like Marian Newman in our role model section at the back and the business advice is there in the Guru section.
However, we can't get it more nails focussed without your help. Send in questions that you want answered and we will get experts to answer them; send us your stories about things such as the difficulties of setting up salons or getting treatment menu prices right, because they are obviously of interest to your fellow techs.
We also want to know when you have done something fabulous - be it pictures of a fund-raiser or a suggestion for a brilliant new product you've tried. You can send in step-by-steps you think are particularly brilliant and images you feel could be worthy of a cover. Obviously, we cannot guarantee that everything will be printed but at least we will start to get an idea of what you want to hear about.
At PB, we do try to make this a magazine for the whole industry but being journalists and not therapists, spa owners or nail technicians we can only do this if you keep us posted with what you want to read about.
Tell us when you've read something you enjoy and when we are doing things wrong - we want to know because that is the only way we are going to improve.
Once again my email address is [email protected] my phone number is 0207 728 3570.
I look forward to getting a slew of suggestions, questions and pics from you all.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year
Yours Laura

Just bumping this back up as the replies are good but we need a few more please.

Please do call Laura, she is ready and willing to listen to any ideas yo may have!

This is your chance to see your work/ideas etc in a professional trade magazine!

Latest posts

Back