Pro Beauty Nail Comps Olympia/Gmex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolate

Reaction score
Its comp time again! We are on the run up to the next comps for Pro Beauty! We recently had a comp meeting and have made many changes. A few things are still to be finalised but here is the bulk of it! (Please note, there may be final minor changes so please call the comp hotline if you have any questions on 0208 302 2020)

Pro Beauty Autumn - Olympia, London, 2/3 Sept.

Pro Beauty North - Gmex, Manchester, 14/15 Oct.

Both shows run the same comps apart from the themes change. More details will follow and the rules and regs will be on the Pro Beauty website in 2/3 weeks along with the entry forms.

Competition Structure

Sunday – Morning (8.30 – 11.00am)
Tip & Overlay - U.V. Gel
Tip & Overlay - Wrap
Tip & Overlay - Liquid and Powder
Southern UK Championship

Sunday – Afternoon (12 noon – 1.30pm)
Fancy French (left hand already completed)

Monday – Morning (8.30 – 11.00am)
Free Form Sculpt - (L & P or UV Gel)
Student - Tip and Overlay - (any system)
Showcase Nail Art (hand in before 10am – no theme)
Photographic (hand in before 10am - theme = Olympia =Geisha / GMex = Dr Who)

Monday– Afternoon (12 noon – 1.30pm)
Magical Medium (themed as above– left hand already completed)

Registrations - Morning categories = 8.00am
Afternoon categories = 11.30am

Entry fees per category as follows:
To enter any one category - £30
2 categories - £50
3 categories - £70
4 categories - £90
5 categories - £110
6 categories - £110
Deadline for entering - 2 weeks before the competition
Entries after this time and on the day - £50 per category
ANT Members recieve £5 off the total fee!

Student category (previously Novice) - new rules - must have been doing nails for under 2 years (copy of beginners certificate to be sent in with entry form) and never previously entered any national nail comp.

Magical Medium - new category - we have combined the freehand, fantasy and airbrushing categories into one. It is now on the Monday afternoon. You must have completed your models left hand, and then have 90 mins to complete the models right hand. See above for themes.

Fancy French - new category - this is on the Sunday afternoon. You must have completed your models left hand, and then have 90 mins to complete the models right hand. This is using L & P or UV Gel in any standard French colours. It is more salon nails with a twist of French such as twirls and swirls!

Showcase Nail Art - new category - hand in a box of 10 completed nails before 10am on the Monday morning. No theme so anything you fancy from freehand, fantasy, sculpting, airbrushing etc. Competitors have really gone to the extreme in this category in other comps so go for it!

The Southern UK Championship is open to any competitors who have come first in any UK or overseas competition in wrap, L & P, UV Gel and / or Free Form Sculpt. Anybody who has come either 2nd or 3rd has the option to nominate themselves for inclusion in this competition. All other competitors can only enter the normal L & P, UV Gel, Wrap or Sculpt categories.
The winner of the Southern UK Championships will be sponsored by PB to enter the UK Championships 2008 Competition at ExCeL (one night's accommodation for winner and their model (where necessary) and up to £100 will be paid for travel). The winner of the Southern (Olympia) and Northern (Gmex) and the UK Championship winner (Excel'08) will not be able to enter Championship competitions in the 2008 / 9 competition year but can enter other comps. The winner of the UK championship 2008 at Excel may be asked to become a judge for the following comp year. Final details on this championship are still to be finalised.

UK Nail Art Champion 2008
This competition will be based on points accumulated throughout the competition year, ending at the ExCeL'08 show.
Categories included are: Showcase Nail Art, Magical Medium, Photographic, Fantasy French.

2008 Distributor Championship
An great opportunity to celebrate the involvement of distributors in the competition. All systems/companies used by competitors will be allocated 1 point per entrant. When sending in your entry form it is essential that you put who/what you use as this will gain your supplier a point. Points will be accumilated at Olympia, GMex and Excel. The winner will then be announced at the ExCeL show. Certificate given to Distributor plus possibility of a Distributer Competition Shield. The idea of this is to encourage companies to get involved with sponsering and supporting their techs to enter comps. The competitors need all the help they can get and the suppliers want to great coverage so everyone gains!

Goody bags and certificate of attendance to all entrants. Trophies and medals for the winners.

Floor judging as normal. New curtain scoring system, a lot faster! Details to be finalised. All judges will be pre-arranged and details will be issued in Pro Beauty Magazine.

Awards take place in the ANT Nail Forum at 4.00 pm on each day, so you dont have to wait to long for the results!

Good luck to all who enter, i will update asap on the final details!

Competition Hotline - 0208 302 2020

your such a star full of all the answers thanks hunny bun you can put your feet up now with a nice big glass of wine xxx:hug:xxx

Thanks for the info Rachel.

Got my mind ticking!:)

Wow! Some of those changes sound great! Will re-read and try and get my head around some of the more complicated bits! (UK champion bit - for techs who've placed 1st - in level 3 or in any level?).

Thank you as always for your hard work and commitment to making the comps a great place to be!

(Like the sound of goody bags for all entrants too - that was one of the best bits of Birmingham!)

xx

No more natural nail competitions then Rachel?

Nope, no manicure anymore, not my choice and very ****** off about it to! It is due to low entrants but i still feel it was worth keeping. Sorry was out voted on that one.
So what you gonna do now?

There is just too much to choose from rachel i'm gonna go th whole hog and enter 5:Scared: as long as i can get my models....

Can you explain the southern uk champ please do you have to enter or are you automatically in it if you have won before??

I am sssssooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:green:

There is just too much to choose from rachel i'm gonna go th whole hog and enter 5:Scared: as long as i can get my models....

Can you explain the southern uk champ please do you have to enter or are you automatically in it if you have won before??

I am sssssooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:green:

lol don't burn yourself out hun save some for me :hug:

lol don't burn yourself out hun save some for me :hug:

Its all the new ones i want to do them the boxed nails and fancy french LUSH!!

Does the magical and photographic comp still require a step by step?

UPDATE ==

We are nearly there, just sorting out the last details. We are finalising the rules and regs and these will be available asap (hopefully next week) on the Pro Beauty website.

Just to confirm the photo/mixed Media themes are as mentioned above. Step by steps will still be required.

Comp entry forms will be printed next week and we will send all info to all those who have previously competed with us. If you have not competed before and would like an entry form sent, please email your details to [email protected]

I will update again when i know more!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry but i have got the themes the wrong way round!

The Olympia theme is Dr Who and the Manchester theme is Geisha.

So sorry!!!!!!!!!

Just to let you know that the rules will be on the pro beauty website soon. I am sorry its another week but we need to get the new categories right! Any questions in the meantime, please call the comp hotline on 0208 302 2020!

Latest posts

Back