Pro Beauty Photo / Nail Art Comp Themes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolate

Reaction score
I know you have all been waiting, (i can tell by the amount of calls i have had!) for the themes for the next Pro Beauty comps. This is for the photographic and for the new category, Magical Medium, (combines Freehand and Fantasy nail Art). The new Showcase category (10 nail art nails in a box) is not themed.

I am waiting on the final "Go Ahead" from those above but i am 99% sure the themes will be...........................

Olympia, London, 2/3 Sept = GEISHA

GMex, Manchester, 14/15 Oct = DR WHO

I will post again next week when i have the final go ahead. I just wanted to give you the possible themes asap as i know you are champing at the bit! :)

so is it magical medium or geisha for photogrphic so got a major head ache and am being really thick i can't wait xxx

Geisha is the theme for the normal photograhic category ( no changes to the rules as it is already very popular!)

Geisha is also the theme for the new Magical Medium category. This is a new category where we have combined fantasy, freehand and airbrushing into one. It will be on the Monday, at 12noon. Competitors turn up with the models left hand already completed, so have 90 mins to complete the right hand.

There are lots of other comp changes so i will post again asap!

We are nearly there, just sorting out the last details. We are finalising the rules and regs and these will be available asap (hopefully next week) on the Pro Beauty website.

Just to confirm the photo/mixed Media themes are as mentioned above. Step by steps will still be required.

Comp entry forms will be printed next week and we will send all info to all those who have previously competed with us. If you have not competed before and would like an entry form sent, please email your details to [email protected]

I will update again when i know more!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry but i have got the themes the wrong way round!

The Olympia theme is Dr Who and the Manchester theme is Geisha.

So sorry!!!!!!!!!

How does it work the photographic competition? Doe u just send in the pictures from the finished nails?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry but i have got the themes the wrong way round!

The Olympia theme is Dr Who and the Manchester theme is Geisha.

So sorry!!!!!!!!!

ooohhh nnnnnoooooo, i was all prepared for the Geisha theme now i don't have a clue what to do with dr who, better start watching the dvd's aaarrrggghh!!!!!!!!11

Think I will wait till Gmex I know sweet fanny adams about doctor who:biggrin:

ooohhh nnnnnoooooo, i was all prepared for the Geisha theme now i don't have a clue what to do with dr who, better start watching the dvd's aaarrrggghh!!!!!!!!11

lol so was i:sad: god have i been a grump today see you at olympia with a full size K-9 pmsl

Does anyone know if you can enter the photographic comp via post?

As usual, I can't attend either of the shows - wondered if I could enter anyway?? (that's if I can come up with a design, a model, etc!)

Cheers!!

Does anyone know if you can enter the photographic comp via post?

As usual, I can't attend either of the shows - wondered if I could enter anyway?? (that's if I can come up with a design, a model, etc!)

Cheers!!
Yes you can - you can send your photographs in by courier. Best to check out the rules with Rachel. Good luck!

lol so was i:sad: god have i been a grump today see you at olympia with a full size K-9 pmsl

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't joke love i have a headache about this one already, i don't like this theme at all can't really see a full set of darlics winning lol, off to bug anyone who watches it!!!

It says that you can enter into the Novice comp if you have not been in a comp before........ If I entered the photographic comp, would that mean that I couldn't enter in the novice comp next year - Or do photographic comps not count??

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't joke love i have a headache about this one already, i don't like this theme at all can't really see a full set of darlics winning lol, off to bug anyone who watches it!!!

have you sourced any dr dvds yet dunno but i think they have all been recalled lol

It says that you can enter into the Novice comp if you have not been in a comp before........ If I entered the photographic comp, would that mean that I couldn't enter in the novice comp next year - Or do photographic comps not count??
Sorry! I know I am bumping up my own post, but I would really like to know the answer if anyone can help!
If entering the photographic comp means not being able to enter a novice comp in the future, I think I will give photographic a miss!

Im glad its not just me who is struggling to find enthusiasm for Dr Who ... I dont really know anything about the programme.

Hmmm! now had the theme been stretched to Sci-Fi ... I think that could have opened my immagination right up.
Wonder if I can get my model into a Dalek costume! :eek: :lol:

If entering the photographic comp means not being able to enter a novice comp in the future, I think I will give photographic a miss!

Well I think that would only apply if you were to place in the top 3, but it might be worth checking the rules out with Rachel incase there are any changes with the new comps.

I PREPARED FOR GEISHA TOO..... was really excited.... think i may give the doctor who one a miss... what a strange theme.... good luck scratchers... i will look out for a full set of darlics then...lol...:lol:

well i cant promise the darlics but my dad has got really into this one and keeps going on about building a tardis and K-9 lol :lol:

i'm not joking he's got the plans for it and everything lol:lol:

You can watch Dr Who online at TV Links

It's not just Daleks and Cybermen lol....

Dr what??? :rolleyes:
I thought on giving it a shot since i thought it was geisha, but hearing that it,s dr who "never heared of it before" i don,t know what to do. Can somebody give me a short discription what the series is about like in a few lines? i would appreciate it a lot since this is one of those rare competitions that you can still attend while being in a totally different country at the time.

Thx in advance:hug:

Latest posts

Back