Pro Beauty seminars (tanning in particular)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachaelg

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me. I'm organising the seminars for Professional Beauty 2008 at Excel, and I'd love some feedback about what you'd like to hear about.

I'm particularly interested in what you'd like to hear about if you offer tanning (sunbeds and fake) - do you want to hear about how to sell more tanning treatments, or about the regulations, or problems you have with spray tans etc?

Any feedback about the seminars in general and how we can make them better/different would be fab (or if you want us to keep them the same!). Do you prefer practical demos or Q&A sessions or talks or a mixture? What ones do you think have been useful in the past?

The seminars will cover both beauty topics and business.

Thanks so much,

Rachael x

www.rachaelglazier.co.uk

Hello,

Speaking personally I have enjoyed these shows, I have only been to two so far since I've started out and hope to continue to attend these events to keep abreast of current trends.

I attended a talk with Sam Sweet which was very informative and I do enjoy watching the practical sessions too. I feel I'm a beginner in this industry and these events are a great platform to see how other people work with different products and to see the differing techniques of these experts.

It would be interesting to be involved in a seminar about how to get your business going e.g sales techniques, how to keep customers loyal, advertising etc. I think these are some of the most common questions on this site that get asked over and over.

I think they are fine as they are, just wish they were more local to me! I'd love to go to the Leeds show to see Gigi but it's too far to drive and it's 4.5 hours on a train.

HTH

Thanks Nora, that's really helpful. There'll be quite a few business seminars so hopefully they cover everything you need.
Anyone else have any ideas/thoughts?
Rx

Some seminars relating to waxing, hot stone massage, spray tanning, pedicures, facials would all be of interest to me. Although many of us on here have already completed courses in these subjects, its always good to learn new techniques and tips that can help us.

Waxing and facials will def be in there, interesting re hot stone and spray tanning - what in particular would you like to know about? Do you have any probs with these treatments or queries from customers that you'd like to answers for?
I don't organise the nail ones, but will pass over nail comment to the person that does.
Cheers,
Rachael

As a salon owner, any information regarding current or prospective legislation is always useful.

Sometimes very basic information is also useful ie how sunbeds work, different types of tubes and their effects, etc. You can't always rely on sunbed manufacturers to give you 100% factual info when they've got sales targets to hit!

Fab, thanks Elaine, that's really helpful!
Rx

Latest posts

Back