Pro beauty show in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodacious

Reaction score
Who else is going then????

Is there a nail comp on and if so how do you enter???

where abouts is this show at as i havent heard owt about it yet

It's at the docklands in london on the 5th of september I think

Bodacious said:
Who else is going then????

Is there a nail comp on and if so how do you enter???
OHHHHHHHHH yes I am going...........
I will be entering the Competition too..........
Call the organisers and ask them to send you a Competition entry form..........
Fill it in , write your cheque and post it.............. Thats it !!!!
The Tel. Number is 020 7610 3001
Hope this helps

dont think ill be going then.. too far to travel (in the northeast) never mind - ill have to wait till the next ex. in manchester

Oh Ruth you make it all sound sooooooooo easy!!!!!!
For me it would be - fill in the form - send the cheque - and do a runner (changing my name of course lol)

Noz said:
Oh Ruth you make it all sound sooooooooo easy!!!!!!
For me it would be - fill in the form - send the cheque - and do a runner (changing my name of course lol)
LOL faint heart never won a comp babe lol.....................
But yes after the cheque goes off, my belly does a flip and my head goes........ what the heck did I do that for lol.........
Then you practice and perfect your Technique till the Competition day is there.....
You ask Caroline aka crazy'n'creative, she spend more time on the loo in the weeks before the competition lol.......... But on the day, she did her stuff just great................

But on the day it is head down and believe you me, you don't get a chance to think...... you just sit there, everything around you dissapers and it is just you and your model, doing the best set you can possibly do...............
But the buzz is out of this world.............So many talented Techncians in one room.............giving it their best shot and the feeling is just
great............Everybody is going through the same emotions, the nerves, the heads down, the after comp chat.......
I wouldn't miss it for the world............and the best one to one critic you will ever get from the industries top Technicians....................
To me it is Nail Heaven !!!!!!
So go for it !!!!! If you can take constructive critisism, you will love it !!!!
Every one there is a winner in their own rights and it does make you strife for perfection and you will see a difference in how you view your nails afterwards in a new light.............
To me is was enhancement enlightenment lol .............
(That was poetic lol)

Somehow I dont think I will be ready in time for september, I did my first real set ona paying customer on saturday and it took me four hours, and that was with gels! must say though they looked mighty fine! I will see if maybe the girls are up forit, or we may get the practice in now and have a go in march next year maybe.

I will deffo pre register this time I was stuck in that registraion line for ages so I really dont want to be doing that again!

I'm going down for it, won't be competing tho!!!! Am looking forward to watching the different techniques and the speed of some people!!!!!
Just how does Leighton Denny do it?
Think we're going nite before and staying on the yatch thing.
So if you see a drunken 4ft bird slumped over a table giggling on the Saturday nite, it'll prob be me!!!!!!!!!

I'm going it will b great to meet up with some of the geeks there,wont b entering any comp though lol

whats the yacht thingy?????

How experienced do you need to be to enter the nail competition? If I entered it would probably be just for the experience rather than expecting to win but would I be out of my depth?? I have been a nail tech for a year now and am due to do a creative conversion course in July.

Debz said:
I'm going down for it, won't be competing tho!!!! Am looking forward to watching the different techniques and the speed of some people!!!!!
Just how does Leighton Denny do it?
Think we're going nite before and staying on the yatch thing.
So if you see a drunken 4ft bird slumped over a table giggling on the Saturday nite, it'll prob be me!!!!!!!!!
Oh Debz, what a shame, I'm staying on the yacht on Sunday night! would have loved a bit of a booze with a fellow geek, any others staying onboard on Sunday night?

Hi guys definately not competing! but will definately be there it will be first one and am very excited x

hi i went to the last one got all my beauty equipment , saved loadsa money ill be the first at the creative stand lol with my credit cards xx

Hi Em, were arrange to go up together if you want i dont mind driving (thats if you dont mind my driving lol) but were sort something out at the next meeting x

ok hun last time i got the train ,its at the docklands i wouldnt no how to drive there myself .get there nice and early, last time they let us in b4 it opened who had passes.
i ve got some forms to register with if you havent done it yet kel??

emmalouisa said:
ok hun last time i got the train ,its at the docklands i wouldnt no how to drive there myself .get there nice and early, last time they let us in b4 it opened who had passes.
i ve got some forms to register with if you havent done it yet kel??
Hi ya, yeah have registered so waiting to receive my ticket but were sort out arrangements at wends we could get the train if it works out easier but i really dont mind driving i can pick you up its not a prob x

what do you all mean staying on the yacht???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back