Pro Impression well less tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classynailz

Reaction score
Whilst I've been using, and loving CND Velocity tips, I have a client asking for a nice deep smile line. I've got some pro impression well less advance tips, however I've not used them yet. My question is how easy are they to apply compared to welled tips? How much glue etc?

Not sure about the brand you have got, but I use CND well-less tips (Performance) and they are extremely easy to apply, just apply adhesive to the very edge of the tip, and bond to the very edge of the free edge.

Is it a white or natural tip you are using? If your client is wanting a white tip perhaps you would be better using L&P to achieve the deep smile rather than a tip?

I only use pro impression tips now as they are amazing.

Aslong as the client has good nails,not bitten etc then they are fab. Just swipe a little glue across the edge and adhere to the free edge. X

Not sure about the brand you have got, but I use CND well-less tips (Performance) and they are extremely easy to apply, just apply adhesive to the very edge of the tip, and bond to the very edge of the free edge.

Is it a white or natural tip you are using? If your client is wanting a white tip perhaps you would be better using L&P to achieve the deep smile rather than a tip?

I use CND at the moment, but it a deep smile line the client is looking for. I've heard so much praise for the pro impression tips so I thought I'd give them a go. It's a white tip I'm going to use. I'm afraid I'm only qualified in gel, not L&P so that's not an option, lol. Thanks anyway 😃

[QUOTE=Nails

Thanks. Yeah nails are perfect for the tips. It's just I'm used to applying glue to the welled area, lol 😃

Ive just got some free samples off pro impressions, majority are well-less... Without sounding dumb... How are they applied? Do they sit on top of the nail or are they lined up with the free edge (as if a tip has been blended)? I know someones just explained but it didnt make much sense to me sorry! If its the second of the two, i found it near impossible!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Ive just got some free samples off pro impressions, majority are well-less... Without sounding dumb... How are they applied? Do they sit on top of the nail or are they lined up with the free edge (as if a tip has been blended)? I know someones just explained but it didnt make much sense to me sorry! If its the second of the two, i found it near impossible!

They sit on top of the nail Sarah. You would just line it up where you want the smile line. You need the client to have a reasonable nail tho and not bitten. I just wasn't sure about applying the glue. 😘

I use CND at the moment, but it a deep smile line the client is looking for. I've heard so much praise for the pro impression tips so I thought I'd give them a go. It's a white tip I'm going to use. I'm afraid I'm only qualified in gel, not L&P so that's not an option, lol. Thanks anyway 😃

You can create a lovely deep Smile using gel - and use opaque gel to elongate the nail bed. I do this on 99% of my clients to give them that super long classy nail bed with a nice deep smile.

I also have used pro impressions times (natural, deep v) and they are fab and very easy. No need to cut the contact area off like with velocity,
Albeit i probably do favour cnd tips as a whole they are much better quality

Hope you get on with them ok! I apply them just as i do when a contact area except you arent butting up the free edge to the well. Just attach as if there was an invisible well.

The only reason i was ever told its better using a welled tip is because when your clients nails grow, they will fiddle with their own nail at the back of the tip as it doesnt sit flush in the well...it sits out so they can pick it !!

X

They sit on top of the nail Sarah. You would just line it up where you want the smile line. You need the client to have a reasonable nail tho and not bitten. I just wasn't sure about applying the glue. 😘

Thanks for that! :)

You can create a lovely deep Smile using gel - and use opaque gel to elongate the nail bed. I do this on 99% of my clients to give them that super long classy nail bed with a nice deep smile.

I also have used pro impressions times (natural, deep v) and they are fab and very easy. No need to cut the contact area off like with velocity,

Hope you get on with them ok! I apply them just as i do when a contact area except you arent butting up the free edge to the well. Just attach as if there was an invisible well.

The only reason i was ever told its better using a welled tip is because when your clients nails grow, they will fiddle with their own nail at the back of the tip as it doesnt sit flush in the well...it sits out so they can pick it !!

X

Yeah I do sometimes sculpt, however this client has always had tips and won't budge. Also I must admit I tend to take much longer when I sculpt so I normally keep sculpting for repairing natural nail breaks. X

Why can you not use these for bitten nails? Would it be ok if the 'ears' of the smile line are filed down so they're not as smiley?

Why can you not use these for bitten nails? Would it be ok if the 'ears' of the smile line are filed down so they're not as smiley?

Interesting q, will b interested to know this myself

I have those tips on right now! It's the first time I've tried them out - I got them back at the pro show in Birmingham in May & have only just got round to them...I like to test everything on myself before I use them on clients, so they had to join a queue. I applied them on myself, so I suppose that's a handy extra challenge for judging whether they're easy to apply compared to other types - I love them! I've been really actively impressed by them, I love how flexible they are & they've lasted really well too. I think I just used The Edge products on top and they look really dainty :)

I'm finding that they are very see-through, do you all apply a sheer pink over the top? anyone tried an opaque pink? It's been said that it's best to attach these onto a slight free edge, but this can be seen underneath...am i just being picky, no one else has said anything so far but it's just something i've noticed compared to NSI elation tips.
Also. i've applied these to my sister who's a nail biter, i filed down the wings...the end result was no worse than when i applied tips and blended them...but then i am a newbie and am still experimenting and finding my feet. anyone else tried these on nail biters?
x

X

is it brisa opaque gel you use and do you get total coverage of the free edge?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back