Quantcast

Pro only site

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
A question for the new owners of the site, I've noticed an influx of new members and quite a few resurrections of very old profiles with little or no previous posts, I'm assuming there's been a communication sent out to dormant profiles to encourage new visitors, I fully understand the reasons and process, but I'm also seeing lots of posts from new members who are clearly untrained (you can tell from the types of questions posed, which would be covered in even the most basic of courses) is the site no longer aimed at 'pro's only'?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes! The community has not changed focus, if you see anything against the rules just let an Admin or Moderator know via Report and we will tackle it.

RED STAR

Reaction score
A question for the new owners of the site, I've noticed an influx of new members and quite a few resurrections of very old profiles with little or no previous posts, I'm assuming there's been a communication sent out to dormant profiles to encourage new visitors, I fully understand the reasons and process, but I'm also seeing lots of posts from new members who are clearly untrained (you can tell from the types of questions posed, which would be covered in even the most basic of courses) is the site no longer aimed at 'pro's only'?
Yep - I’ve noticed that too 🤓

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Yes! The community has not changed focus, if you see anything against the rules just let an Admin or Moderator know via Report and we will tackle it.
So we can continue to tell (clearly) untrained members we will not share advice because we are Pro Only and steer them towards a more suitable forum?

RED STAR

Reaction score
It feels like we need to accept this site is now an ‘all inclusive!’
I recently participated in a Facebook forum for ‘Professionals’ - only to discover - to my horror - one of my clients had replied! 😬😱😳🤨
Is this now the ‘New Norm?’

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So we can continue to tell (clearly) untrained members we will not share advice because we are Pro Only and steer them towards a more suitable forum?
The Moderators would have to speak to that. No rules have changed, so it's up to them to continue maintaining what they feel is best in accordance with how things were ran.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
It feels like we need to accept this site is now an ‘all inclusive!’
I recently participated in a Facebook forum for ‘Professionals’ - only to discover - to my horror - one of my clients had replied! 😬😱😳🤨
Is this now the ‘New Norm?’
Not for me, I'm out if its being opened up to all and sundry. I didn't spend thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours to share it with those who want something for nothing, there are hundreds of sites for DIYers and general public, the USP of this place is its pro's only mentality.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
The Moderators would have to speak to that. No rules have changed, so it's up to them to continue maintaining what they feel is best in accordance with how things were ran.
@Haircutz @Noodle you're going to be busy :eek: ;)

Noodle

Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score

@Haircutz @Noodle you're going to be busy :eek: ;)
This site should remain as salon professionals only, and no professional advice should be given to non professionals.

As has been the case for many years, any non professionals posting threads in any of the pro forums will be moved to the Ask a pro forum. Perhaps it’s time for me to bump my own sticky thread in said forum, so those newly registered know exactly what’s what ;)

The integrity and previous mantra of Salon Geek is paramount in my opinion, and a change in site management should not change the influence or in any way impact on that.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
This site should remain as salon professionals only, and no professional advice should be given to non professionals.

As has been the case for many years, any non professionals posting threads in any of the pro forums will be moved to the Ask a pro forum. Perhaps it’s time for me to bump my own sticky thread in said forum, so those newly registered know exactly what’s what ;)

The integrity and previous mantra of Salon Geek is paramount in my opinion, and a change in site management should not change the influence or in any way impact on that.
Have I told you lately how much I love you ;) :D

Noodle

Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score

Funnygirl1960

Reaction score
Really!?

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score

Latest posts