Pro Styler or Sculpter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
I'm nearly on my 4th day of my FDFC and boy am I wacked!!! There has been loads of nails to do which has been exciting but infuriating at the same time!!:rolleyes: Trouble is I've gone and ruined my brush :cry: Its my own fault... as I didn't make sure all rubbish was out of it before I put it away.... tired.... which is no excuse I know but after spending ages trying to get all the gunk out of it, it looks worse than ever:o So...... I was wondering seeing as I've now got to buy a new one.... which do I buy?

Unfortunately I had problems from the word go with my brush..... It didn't behave itself and had to be severely dealt with so its had its revenge on me....... it was the pro styler you get with your kit when you go on the FDFC.

Obviously the master series would be good....... but do I get a pro styler or a sculpter? As a newbie I'm having promblems with smile lines (amongst other things) and I was wondering whether a sculpter would be useful in helping me master this?

So guys... which do you find better?, what do you prefer to use? I know each have their benefits but which do you recommend for me while I'm still learning......

thanks....

xx Tamm

Mani-fique! said:
I'm nearly on my 4th day of my FDFC and boy am I wacked!!! There has been loads of nails to do which has been exciting but infuriating at the same time!!:rolleyes: Trouble is I've gone and ruined my brush :cry: Its my own fault... as I didn't make sure all rubbish was out of it before I put it away.... tired.... which is no excuse I know but after spending ages trying to get all the gunk out of it, it looks worse than ever:o So...... I was wondering seeing as I've now got to buy a new one.... which do I buy?

Unfortunately I had problems from the word go with my brush..... It didn't behave itself and had to be severely dealt with so its had its revenge on me....... it was the pro styler you get with your kit when you go on the FDFC.

Obviously the master series would be good....... but do I get a pro styler or a sculpter? As a newbie I'm having promblems with smile lines (amongst other things) and I was wondering whether a sculpter would be useful in helping me master this?

So guys... which do you find better?, what do you prefer to use? I know each have their benefits but which do you recommend for me while I'm still learning......

thanks....

xx Tamm

Hiya....

Before you throw out your old brush, did you give it a good soak in your chosen monomer? Sometimes this is all that is needed..maybe leave the brush standing up (supported) in a dappen dish of Radical or Retention + for a good few hours.

I have used a Prostyler for years and I love it,I also have a sculptor for those clients with tiny nail plates.Recently i have started using the Ultra Sculptor. It's good to try them all if the budget will stretch... they should last you a good year if you look after them.
Hope this helps

Laura said:
Hiya....

Before you throw out your old brush, did you give it a good soak in your chosen monomer? Sometimes this is all that is needed..maybe leave the brush standing up (supported) in a dappen dish of Radical or Retention + for a good few hours.

I have used a Prostyler for years and I love it,I also have a sculptor for those clients with tiny nail plates.Recently i have started using the Ultra Sculptor. It's good to try them all if the budget will stretch... they should last you a good year if you look after them.
Hope this helps
I'm trying this now.... I'm sure we were told not to do that but I've got nothing to lose have I...... :) thanks!

I hadn't realised that there is an ultra sculpter as well as a sculpter.... Wow! I've got too many choices!! Help!!

xx Tamm

You can soak your brush in monomer to help loosen up any items the polymer fairies may have left behind... just be aware it can take a heck of a long time.
Also be sure that you really drain the brush afterwards. Never leave a load of monomer in your brush in between uses.

As for the size... the Pro Styler comes in the kit as it is the most popular brush (by far). Saying that, some people work better with the Ultra Sculptor, some better with the Sculptor. Personally, I would recommend sticking to the Pro Styler as you get used to working with application.

The Nail Geek said:
You can soak your brush in monomer to help loosen up any items the polymer fairies may have left behind... just be aware it can take a heck of a long time.
Also be sure that you really drain the brush afterwards. Never leave a load of monomer in your brush in between uses.

As for the size... the Pro Styler comes in the kit as it is the most popular brush (by far). Saying that, some people work better with the Ultra Sculptor, some better with the Sculptor. Personally, I would recommend sticking to the Pro Styler as you get used to working with application.
I've been soaking it all afternoon but there is still no sign of it looking any better...... I will go with what you suggest and stick with the pro styler until I get better with controlling the product..... I just thought the sculpter might help with my smile lines.... but thats probably wishful thinking lol

xx Tamm

Tamm sawasdee ka

B4 i have problem with my brush i do not know what change and what i do no good but i try do set of nail and after i try 1st finger i know have problem and i change brush .

When i take liquid and then after powder it come wet but have product in my brush same you have .

I do not know why this happen b4 i have cleaned brush like sam speak and try after for 1 finger but my brush not feel same so i not use now .

I do not know why this happen but not only me and you because i see lady b4 have same problem will be good to learn some thing we do no good so not make brush no good same b4 .

The brush i have now i not have problem but this brush i lay down after clean same geeg speak and b4 i stand up in glass so maybe this is problem i make not sure .

Mui from Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back