probably daft questions re tips and acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steph.alison@bl

Reaction score
Sorry if this is daft but I have some questions and know you geeks are the people to ask.

I had natural tips put on just over 2 weeks with acrylic over top for natural look. I know I now need infills and have an appoinment for wednesday. I never thought to ask whether it will just be the acrylic infilled and if so what about the tip? Can something be done to hide regrowth of nail?:confused:

thanks in advance

what do you mean by re-growth of nail?
if you are talking about when you are able to see your nail on the under side of the tip then some people do have them cut off but i personally wouldnt do this as one of the reasons for having nail enhancements is to help you grow your own nails so doing this this would defeat the object.
mine are clearly visible underneath at the moment as i have just done myself a new set but in a couple of months they will be the same length as my nail enhancements and therefore be my real nails rather than tips.
an infill is applying more acrylic to the re-growth area near the cuticle.xx

Thanks for the reply I did mean seeing my natural nail under the tip. I only had the tips done because I like the natural look but my nails never look white so I had them done for a holiday to see how I get on.

I'm not sure I like the way they look now, looks as though it's in 3 sections, the nice pink bit, horrible natural nail then nice tip :confused:

Thanks for the reply I did mean seeing my natural nail under the tip. I only had the tips done because I like the natural look but my nails never look white so I had them done for a holiday to see how I get on.

I'm not sure I like the way they look now, looks as though it's in 3 sections, the nice pink bit, horrible natural nail then nice tip :confused:

If you had a natural coloured tip applied to your short nails with a pink overlay, then 2.5 weeks down the line, your natural nails have grown and you can now see all the growth - meaning that you can also see the end of your free edge through the enhancement from looking at if from the top and not from underneath, then what you need to have is called a 'Rebalance', but....you would need a rebalance doing with a new 'natural' coloured acrylic applied to the 'tip' area to cover your regrowth. and then have your infils done around your 'cuticle' area.
It depends very much on the type of salon you went to as well, as if it what we call 'NSS' - meaning non standard salon - then they probably are unable to offer you this correctly and will only use and airbrush and spray white paint over your tip area.
I would suggest you check that your salon can offer a full rebalance service - which would include reducing the thickness and perhaps some length from the tip & re-applying a natural looking 'white' & infilling around your cuticle area.
If they don't do this - and NSS places will use the electric file and just drill your natural nail away from underneath the enhancement - not the best way to go.
Look for a reputable nail salon in your area that uses a great product & you'll know you'll get a good job. The names to look for are...
Creative Nail Design/CND
EzFlow
NSI
Young Nails
OPI Absolute

These are just a few, any salon that uses pots of non lablelled powders & liquids in my opinion, should be questioned!

Good Luck with finding one.

Thanks Bev Rose that helps a lot.

The salon where I had nails done initially have messed me about with my infill appointment so I decided to go somewhere else to have more confidence in the service. I'm sure the lady I'm now booked in with is not a NSS as she offers range of acrylics and gels and I'm just faffing ocer nothing.

Thanks again

Steph

Latest posts

Back