Problem Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashadilly

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I had one of my regular clients tonight for Gelish. One of her thumbs is proving to be problematic :(

All of her nails were fine apart from her left thumb. When I was curing the gelish was wrinkling and when I applied top coat it didn't cure properly so when I went to cleanse, basically everything came off. I was using Jet Set and as I say, all the other fingers were fine, just this thumb.

I know its not my bulbs as they have just been replaced. I did nice thin layers. I did notice when I took off her last set that the thumb was particularly stubborn.

Any ideas? :|

i would look at how her thump is positioned in the lamp if its turned to much it wont cure fully which would explain the wrinkling and colour removal pay close attention to how her thumb sits and if she cannot flatten it out more cure seperatly had this problem myself when i started out and a lovley geek gave me this tip and i had no problems since x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Vida salon

i would look at how her thump is positioned in the lamp if its turned to much it wont cure fully which would explain the wrinkling and colour removal pay close attention to how her thumb sits and if she cannot flatten it out more cure seperatly had this problem myself when i started out and a lovley geek gave me this tip and i had no problems since x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Vida salon

Just as she was leaving I did mention this. She never used to have any problems it was just the last couple of times and ALWAYS that one thumb! :irked:

It's frustrating more than anything as it was perfectly painted, was actually quite proud ahaha :D

Thanks, I think I will try & cure it seperatly next time to see if it solves it.

I had this same problem tonight with my 5-45, just got her to recure the thumb separately and it was fine

Glad other people have had this issue!

I was starting to doubt myself for a moment when she was here but I thought it's a bit funny that all the other nails cured perfect so why just one?

It must have something to do with the cure. I'll let you know when I do her next set in a couple weeks!! :D

I have this problem with black shadow.
I apply and cure as normal then cure the thumbs separately by asking client to place just thumbs in lamp. (Thumbs in and fingers underneath, if you see what I mean). I hold lamp up a little for them to do this. It works just fine now.

I sometimes get that with darker colours at the cuticle area, it's like some of the colour doesn't cure correctly and lifts as you do another coat... if that makes sense? :irked:

If your curing in a UV lamp it's possible it could be the placement of her finger in the lamp. Make sure she is placing her hand all the way in and not moving it around. Try curing the thumb separately and see if that works.

You could try a layer of structure gel under the colour if it turns out not to be the lamp. Although it sounds like a curing issue x

Latest posts

Back