Problem, is it stress??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
I have been doing my Aunt's nails for ages now and come across all aorts of problems along the way. I used to have real probs with lifting, but thanks to lots of help and advice, i don't get that anymore, especially on myself.

All of a sudden my Aunts nails are lifting quite badly but only on certain nails, but around the cuticle and side walls part way down. I have done all my cuticle work thoroughley, took shine off, dehydrated, twice, plus i have only prepped one hand at a time as have had problems with oily nails before.

It seems her nails have started to get oily all of a sudden. She has naturally long nails and i just do a natural overlay with L&P. She also always has nail art and i see her every two weeks as her nails grow quite fast. She says she has a lot of stress at the moment as my gran is ill, and keeps having falls, and she was saying her hair also gets greasy looking after only two days. Would shis effect her nails too??

I have taken the length down considerably as they were very long and she kept breaking them which is also unusual.

What else could it be and am i doing everything possible to help? I did her nails on thursday and prepped her nails twice, and used primer twice to really help, so we will see.

Any other suggestions??

Sometimes we have to go back to the basics to find the answer to this simple question.

What are the internal conditions that affect all nails??? Diet, General Health, Stress (not as in "i'm so busy i'm so Stressed"!!!! kind of stress) REAL stress caused by the death of a loved one or divorce etc.

When health deteeriorates, so do the nails. When diet deteriorates so do the nails. Real stress can affect nails as well. Same goes for hair.

It sounds as if a couple of things are going on here.

agree with gigi.

do a new consultation with her. u say she keeps breaking nails but never did before. sounds like she's not her normal self any way.

I know that diet and real stress can be a factor, but just wanted to check. My aunt is really worried as my gran now needs virtually 24 hour care so i know she is not sleeping well and if i know her, not eating well either.

Is there anything more i can do to help keep her nails in good condition, apart from telling her to eat well and try not to worry herslef silly?

Latest posts

Back