Problem skin getting me down!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
Um ok, first of all I didn't reply to this thread to have a skin degree thrown at me - I was just merely trying to help someone out with a product that has helped me massively! And secondly YES I am a qualified NVQ Level 2 and 3 beauty therapist, I did not study cosmetic chemistry as this was not part of my course and I do not carry out facials anymore and haven't done in many years...so I do apologise that I am not up to your standards. I couldn't care less whether you are a beauty therapy educator or a homeless person that I just bought a burger for...there's no need for your rudeness - be kind! I don't understand why I am having to justify myself to you either, how about email Skin Doctors and see EXACTLY what this product does before casting your opinion seeing as you feel so strongly towards it! Jeez!
Its not the product that concerns me. Its you giving people advice based on absolutely no knowledge. You really shouldnt give misleading and incorrect information to people especially when you dont have the knowledge or qualifications to back you up. First rule of beauty school- dont mislead people when you have no knowledge

Hi
I've had quite bad skin for most of my life. I don't really have lots of spots, I just have constant redness on my nose and cheeks which is aggravated more if I rub/touch my face. I have really oily skin so I cover with make up but it just slides off half way through the day!

Anybody know what it is? I've suffered with it long enough. Some research has mentioned "rosacea" but I'm not too clear on what this is and whether it fits my description.

Any help from beautiful skinned professionals would be much appreciated [emoji23][emoji8] x

For the Makeup I would suggest using a foundation like bare minerals or something similar as I also have very oily skin so it doesnt aggrivate it and cause flare ups, I also find you get good coverage without looking like you have to much on.
make sure you use a moisturiser underneath it (I like dermalogica active moist it works really well for me and its nice a lightweight on the skin)
Also I don´t know with the little information I have from you but if you suffer with scarring from previous acne breakouts Then microdermabrasion is fantastic.
Try to stay away from strong spot treatments as they can dry the skin out so the body works overtime and produces more oil to compensate and try washing your hair every few days (THIS was my miracle!!) also dont touch your face so much, i know its difficult im a bugger for it myself but the oils in your hands will transfer onto your face

nice greetz Jade

I

Its not the product that concerns me. Its you giving people advice based on absolutely no knowledge. You really shouldnt give misleading and incorrect information to people especially when you dont have the knowledge or qualifications to back you up. First rule of beauty school- dont mislead people when you have no knowledge

It wasn't really my intention to come on here for abuse, like I said, I was trying to help someone out who had exactly the same skin problems as I did...so don't shoot the messenger. I remember parts of my course with MD on how glycolic acid penetrates the skin, I cannot remember the terminology etc, so I am not giving advice based on absolutely no knowledge and I am not misleading anyone. Anyway, I'll leave you to sit on that pedestal that you have well and truly placed yourself on!

It wasn't really my intention to come on here for abuse, like I said, I was trying to help someone out who had exactl:cool:the same skin problems as I did...so don't shoot the messenger. I remember parts of my course with MD on how glycolic acid penetrates the skin, I cannot remember the terminology etc, so I am not giving advice based on absolutely no knowledge and I am not misleading anyone. Anyway, I'll leave you to sit on that pedestal that you have well and truly placed yourself on!
Whilst i sit on my well earned pedestal perhaps you should sit at your desk and open a text book. Have a wonderful night

Whilst i sit on my well earned pedestal perhaps you should sit at your desk and open a text book. Have a wonderful night

Well aren't you just a treat!

For the Makeup I would suggest using a foundation like bare minerals or something similar as I also have very oily skin so it doesnt aggrivate it and cause flare ups, I also find you get good coverage without looking like you have to much on.
make sure you use a moisturiser underneath it (I like dermalogica active moist it works really well for me and its nice a lightweight on the skin)
Also I don´t know with the little information I have from you but if you suffer with scarring from previous acne breakouts Then microdermabrasion is fantastic.
Try to stay away from strong spot treatments as they can dry the skin out so the body works overtime and produces more oil to compensate and try washing your hair every few days (THIS was my miracle!!) also dont touch your face so much, i know its difficult im a bugger for it myself but the oils in your hands will transfer onto your face

nice greetz Jade
That's great [emoji5]️ thank you!

Can we please leave personal issues away from this thread, and get back to the importance of trying to help the original poster?

Thank you.

Perhaps you should leave topics you clearly have no knowlege on to the professionals, the highly qualified professional therapists, therapists just like me

Can you recommend anything? [emoji4]

Try using Gamma Hydroxy by Skin Doctors. You can get it from allbeauty.com. I cleanse with BareMinerals deep cleansing foam then use the gamma hydroxy then Simple moisturiser. It's such a good product, it helps to promote healhty skin cells. I used to have terrible skin even on the pill and it's amazing - changed my life! probably took about 3 months to start working but is amazing and a whole pot lasts around 6 months xx

Just want to say thanks again Hun, I know you were just giving me advice and I do appreciate it [emoji8]. Was no need for the a use you got

Just want to say thanks again Hun, I know you were just giving me advice and I do appreciate it [emoji8]. Was no need for the a use you got

No worries at all! Hopefully you'll find something that works for you :) xx

I'm no skin expert so I won't give you advice. However, there is an amazing skin guru on YouTube etc called Caroline Hirons and her videos and blogs are fab.

That's great [emoji5]️ thank you!
I have really oily skin too and dermalogica products are AMAZING! The place I go for my facials do a free assessment for your skin. But I would honestly consider that brand. I was like you with the makeup just sliding off. And the have some really good stuff to help moisturize the skin to help avoid it from making too much oil!

Can you recommend anything? [emoji4]
Yes. I recommend you get a skin analysis done. And i did not abuse that girl. She got offended because she was giving you uneducated answers and i caught her out on it. She was the one throwing out petty remarks. Anyway its up to you what you do with your skin.

I have really oily skin too and dermalogica products are AMAZING! The place I go for my facials do a free assessment for your skin. But I would honestly consider that brand. I was like you with the makeup just sliding off. And the have some really good stuff to help moisturize the skin to help avoid it from making too much oil!

With a dermalogica facial they will do skin mapping, they can fit the products exactly to your needs. But there are many other fab brands out there!! Find what fits to your needs :)

It does *sound* like Rosacea, but I think your first port of call should be to your gp to get it diagnosed. Meanwhile, be very gentle with your skin, treatments like exfoliation could irritate it further. My sister suffers very badly, but I'm pleased to say that her skin is looking very calm at the moment, mostly as a result of prescribed ointment and being very, very careful with her skincare. xx

It does *sound* like Rosacea, but I think your first port of call should be to your gp to get it diagnosed. Meanwhile, be very gentle with your skin, treatments like exfoliation could irritate it further. My sister suffers very badly, but I'm pleased to say that her skin is looking very calm at the moment, mostly as a result of prescribed ointment and being very, very careful with her skincare. xx

How did she address the issue with her GP. Unsure of what to say to them really [emoji23][emoji85]

How did she address the issue with her GP. Unsure of what to say to them really [emoji23][emoji85]

They could very well refer you to a dermatologist and carry out further tests so definitely worth going to your GP. I went to my GP numerous times, I guess just explain your skin complaint to them and go from there :) x

Hi just another idea!!
Dermalux light therapy facials are great to remove redness for up to 6-12 months , I have it done once a year and it leaves me with clear even skin tone with no redness and great looking skin !! Hope that's helps xxx

Hi just another idea!!
Dermalux light therapy facials are great to remove redness for up to 6-12 months , I have it done once a year and it leaves me with clear even skin tone with no redness and great looking skin !! Hope that's helps xxx

That sounds amazing! Is that a facial treatment that salons provide? X

They could very well refer you to a dermatologist and carry out further tests so definitely worth going to your GP. I went to my GP numerous times, I guess just explain your skin complaint to them and go from there :) x

Thanks! I have been and the GP kind of brushed me away with no answer really. I will go back and see my regular GP [emoji5]️ x

Latest posts

Back