Problem thumb keeps lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffyFileSlayer

Reaction score
Hi I have a problem with a client who has been having enhancements with me for nearly 6 months. She has problems with thumbs and index fingers in general but more specifically one particular thumb. We started off with Retention+ and pink/white but she tried the Brisa in April as I found some clients that experience lifting with L&P were better off with gel. The rest of her nails are fine but her right thumb lifts very badly (all the way to the white) within a few days. She has since gone back to L&P as she prefers the look.

Last week I made sure I was meticulous with the prep (as always) and made sure there was a slightly bigger gap than 1/16th and patted for England. That thumb is still ok but the other one has gone now. I really don't know what to do.

Was wondering if Gigi or Ruth could help - did I hear or read somewhere that Fabric# (which I have) is the best at bonding to the nail? I know it won't be strong enough for her on it's own - should I use it under the L&P?

She is coming back for repairs on Wednesday morning, could someone please help with some advice before then - has anyone else had this problem? As I said her other nails are fine, so I don't think it is my fault and I also don't think it is her fault. She is coming nearly every week now for (free) repairs. I would really like to learn what to do in this situation.

If you have got this far - I'd like to thank you for your interest. :rolleyes:

Can anyone help with this - she is coming to me in the morning.

Thanks

On my way to bed, but as yur client is coming in the morning ...

Whatever is causing the lifting, the problem is that every time the enhancement does lift it will be thinning the nail further ... the weaker the nail, the more prone it is to lift again ... vicious circle.

I would keep this nail very short so there is absolutely no pressure on it. Overlay with fabric# if you wish. Fabric is VERY strong and should not be considered weaker than L/P. It will bond very well to the weakened nail and be more like the nail as it is thin. It should not look very different to the other nails and being on the thumb is less likely to show anyway.

YOu might as well give it a go ... then you will have tried everything. Are you absolutely sure that she is not using this thumb for some purpose? Does she smoke? Does she flick a lighter with it? Something she doesn't realize she is doing? You say you want it strong enough for her!! Why? What is she doing with it that requires so much strength? Is this the roblem with the lifting? Either the problem is lifting or strength. Which is it?

Anyway, try the wrap and use several coats of Bond and BOOST. This should be successful.

Thanks Gigi

My lady is a 68 year young lady and is semi retired she is very mindful of her thumb which is why we are so worried about it. You are right it is getting very thin and weak. She is adamant about keeping some length which I think will not be helping. I will try fabric in the morning. Thanks for your help. I knew fabric was stonger than any other f/glass but didn't know it was as strong as L&P.

Thanks again,

Gigi has said it all really, she know her stuff !!!! Fabric# will look no different to the L&P application..........
It will give the nail a good strong support and as long as your prep is spot on will be fab...............If need be apply a fibreglass stress strip and then a complete cover of Silk..........then proceed with bond, 2 xbuild, and 2-3 x boost ....................Buff it and I bet there wont be any visual difference between L&P and Fabric#............

Just a point...when I competed at Excel last year, the judges couldn't tell the difference between my Fabric# nails and L&P..............and they should know lol.....

Latest posts

Back