problem with acrylic setting up too fast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trina From Alberta

Reaction score
I have found in the past two to three days that with the weather being quite hot my acrylic is setting up very fast. I already use a fast set powder but the heat is making it quite hard to sculpt with my brush instead of with my file. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do to help this from happening. And with it setting up so fast will this cause lifting or any other problems?

Yeah I could do with some help on that score too, its been well hot over here just lately too and I`m having the same problems. Sorry I can`t help you trina but somebody will I`m sure

I had a similar problem - it was too cold where I was working!!! After asking Tracey L and Jackie about what was happening (my Retention + & powder were going gooey and lumpy) they told me to use Radical in the future as it doesnt react to temperatues so much...and lo and behold, they were right!!! Have no problems in the heat/cold now, although that didnt stop me decantering Retention to take on holiday with me and then wondering why my nails went wrong - DOH!

Hope this helps

Tracy

may be working a little wetter may help

See tips from Spain ... for working in hot countries thread!!

Thank you everyone for the replies. I guess i will have to shut off my mini fan I have at my desk. I just went and tried working on a tip with a wetter bead and it has helped loads, thank you so much. My smile lines are smiling again and there are no bumps in sight lol, thank you again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back