Problem with Black Shadow Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracylou81

Reaction score
This is the only black I have and I have to do 4 coats this won't be a problem once my gelish lamp comes as won't have to wait 2mins under the lamp I've got a customer this afternoon wanting black anything I can do to make applying quicker as I know it's going to take me ages thanks

Give the bottle a good roll, mine only takes 2 coats. Maybe the pigment has settled at the bottom?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried that :( will try doing it for a bit longer just before I use it thanks

Mine only needs 2 as well. Ask harmony about it if it carries on

Laura xx

i had one, fine when it was new, but one day went to paint it, is seems to have lost its pigment, took me 4 coats and it was still wishy washy. gave it a good roll/ shake and everything, Its the only one i had issues with, wondered if this has happened to anyone else. I got a new one and hope this one stays ok.x

I have the same problem. My first ever bottle of black was perfect, but this second bottle I swishy washy. I try rolling, shaking everything and I still need to do 3 coats to get the right look. I have two clients who only have black, nothing else, so it's a pain that Harmony have changed the consistency of the colours.

I can't possibly live without my Gelish, so come on Harmony, give us a solution to this problem.

Me too, mine need at least 3 coat, I felt that Gelish are better at glitters, I never found any gel that are better than Gelish, but they are weak in pastel or pure color, they are improving, but I still got problem with pure colour, some of them shrink. But I still love them, I hope Harmony will improve Gelish so I can love them more <3

My black shadow is fine, never had a problem. Only takes two coats xx

Client had red in the end so didn't try I do love gelish but just wish all colours were the same can't wait to get my 18g gelish lamp will come any day that will speed up the process :) thanks all

Always roll the colours to mix the pigment especially if you've not used it for a while. My black shadow covers well with 2 coats but I prefer the look of 3 coats :) xx

Thanks will do from now on

I hate Black Shadow, mine needs 4 or even 5 with rolling.

I found same problem it doesn't cover in two coats, that's why I now have shellac running along side my Gelish . I know it's not a gel but seems more pigmented the black is luvly to work with and does only need two coats for perfect coverage &#128516;x

See I find my black shadow fine it's Queen if Hearts I hate using! Anyone else have trouble with red coverage? I've seen solutions to this problem in other threads and it is still streaky?

See I find my black shadow fine it's Queen if Hearts I hate using! Anyone else have trouble with red coverage? I've seen solutions to this problem in other threads and it is still streaky?

My hot rod red I think is the best for coverage out of my gelish colours! Mint icing however is a nightmare :( so thin!

Latest posts

Back