Problem with client. Are these hair weft extensions applied correctly please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ext333

Reaction score
Hi,

Could any extensionists please give us some advice on the images below (attached) we would be very grateful.

Its a microbead weft. It has been double beaded and is in single wefts (not doubled up) and shaped to fit her head. It's the first time she has had a beaded weft and has been concerned as the beads don't cover the whole weft and it keeps catching on her hairbrush. She has been given full aftercare and before and after fitting has been a nightmare client. I should have known that I would get problems as she was wanting to go against all my against advice from the very beginning and has sent me around 200 messages. She loved her hair. Then said it was too thin (it's a 200g weft) even though this is the maximum amount of offer. She then says that she should have another 100g fitted for free because she wants it thicker! I only charged £50 fitting fee and the cost of the hair. I explained I don't stock the hair and I would need to buy it, which I'm not prepared to do anyway! She has harassed me constantly from the minute she first got in touch, I made sure I done the hair perfect on application so there would be no issues as I knew how much of a perfectionist she is (which I do try anyway) but I went through aftercare again and again and reassured her with a free maintenance check in 1 weeks time.

The following few days after application she was still asking so many questions etc, and I went for my 20 week scan (pregnancy) I was kept in and have been since Tuesday. . I have fluid on my brain and have had to have it removed which has made me very poorly and I'm unable to do asking by thing at the minute as I'm so poorly. She was aware of that straight away and I promiss her maintenance which I askingnythingwre happy to do askingnythingwremnd check the hair etc.

She's then saying there's loose bits and gaps..which I'm 100% certain there wasn't! And I still said not to worry I can put extra beads in if need be. But she still hounded me fr more hair and all kinds of other stuff I kept explaining I'm in hospital and would see here when I get home and have her in the same day no problem and she booked in for a refit next month too (which I was so hesitant to do after the amount of stress she causes constantly).

Now 2 days after I spoke to her and promoses to double check the hair and tighten/ extra support if needed. She has been to another hair extensionist who are charging her £440!! And they want to put an extra 80g in on tip of the 200g.
They apparently are saying the hair is pulling and snapping, but it shouldn't be? Or should it? I don't understand where It could be as I done it to the best of my knowledge and I have done so many heads of these wefts and had no issues! She has been in touch with another one of my clients who has warned me she's on a war path.

I'm seriously ill and highly stressed I've cried for days and have closed my busines down temporarily until I can work this out. I am so upset about it I don't know what else I can do!

Please could you advise me if this this applied ok and does it enough beads to support the weft? Its been in a week. Just for reassurance purposes thats it shouldnt pull or snap any hair and there's enough hair to hold the weft? My sections were all fine too. She sent me these photos herself! She's also saying that I have left a 4 finger gap in between beads! Which is impossible!! I certainly did not.

As i said am very poorly in hospital but will have a look asap and add extra beads if support was needed and tighten for free no problem. But now It feel's like harassment if I've done this wrong I'll hold my hands up and quit for good as I've been doing this for a while! Some of my clients have constant refits too.

I woukd really appreciate your advice on this. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2017-05-06 15.24.00.png
    2017-05-06 15.24.00.png
    507.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 2017-05-06 15.24.30.png
    2017-05-06 15.24.30.png
    520.6 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Please does anyone have any advice? I know it's long but I'd really appreciate it thank you!

It looks like it's in correctly to me. Some clients are never happy, and expect unrealistic outcomes. She was happy with it at first , it just wasn't thick enough. That's the main thing you have to remember , that is her responsibility to purchase more hair to thicken it not yours. Everything that has happened after that is probably her own fault.
Try not to worry about it. It's your business but your health is more important at the end of the day, one bad client doesn't cancel out good happy clients and I bet you have more of those? If i were you I would send her a message politely apologising for her being unhappy with the extensions. - don't apologise for anything else. Just apologise for her unhappiness. And be glad someone else has to deal with her xx

Looks fine! She sounds like hard work !

Thank you so much for your responses. It has been so much hard work! I have done probably more than 100 of these and have so many returning customers, but this one has really knocked my confidence and made me doubt my abilities. Probably with me being stressed and unwell already. The hair at the end was so thick and looked great we were really pleased with it, I think your right and the problem started when she wanted even more for free! I just needed to reassurance I wasn't going crazy myself and not picking up on something important as my business is my life I love what I do! ❤ thank you again xxx

Tbh.... at this stage I would be thinking of tge health of my baby and my own health. How dare she? How dare she!?! You've done everything in your power and generously offered all you can to rectify and take care of this client and now another "fellow" extensionist had just fed the fire by telling her they're incorrectly fitted which if you're confident in your work and have many happy clients and she was not accepting your professional advice. She one of those unrealistic clients and quite frankly you're better off without her. Well done for not being bullied into doing what she wanted.... lets hope that this new 80g of hair on top of yours doesn't have any adverse effects.
If she has the cheek to want another appointment put the price right up to the same as the other salon. ;p

Your work is fine,I would just block her

She sounds like a bit of a b***h.....and Karma can be a b***h. I'll look forward to hearing from you when she's met it. Look after YOU and YOUR health.

I only started my business properly in Feb this year and I have quickly found that you will almost certainly come across the people that can never be pleased with what you do!

I'm qualified in micro weft and it looks fine, honestly, she will probably be moaning about whatever the other technician does to it next.. hope you feel better about it all soon and I know it's far easier said than done but try not to worry about it and focus on what's good for you Xx

Appllied correctly. Suggest placing micro rings a little closer together toavoid weft loosening. Goodi install.

Latest posts

Back