Problem with eyebrow waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shezybabes

Reaction score
Hi guys looking for a bit of advice regarding getting a really defined edge when waxing eyebrows. I can't seem to get it sharp enough and then I need to tweeze.

I am too afraid to take too much off! What can I do differently to make it work better?

I think that is fine what you are doing. It is difficult to shape with wax so I take the bulk off and shape better with the tweezers :)

i always wax the majority first then go in with the tweezers to create a sharper line. many of my clients were quite shocked when i first produced the tweezers though as previous therapists hadn't used them!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I ALWAYS finish brow waxing with tweezers, imo it is the only way you can achieve a defined shape (if that is what your clients want).

Cannot believe the amount of times that new clients have commented on how much attention and care I spend getting the shape perfect for them compared with other salons that just "wax and go"!

Keep up with what you are doiing, you will gain regular clients this way, and word of mouth is your best recommendation for new clients.

I once gained a new male client who asked the Tesco checkout lady where she got her brows done because he loved the shape sooo much! Needless to say, he then recommended loads of his other male friends, etc....

You should always tweeze to get them nice and crisp.

I agree with all of the above. I always finish off with tweezers. you've no idea how many new clients I've had who've come to me with one brow thicker than the other because their previous beautician hasn't used tweezers to shape up and finish properly! x

my sister in law is just finishing her Nvq l2 and says that they were not told to tweeze afterwards - guess that explains all the uneven brows lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Just how i do it but i find that with brows to get a neat defined shape wax the majority you need to and then wax the tops of the brows just to give them that sharpness (don't worry you can wax the tops you'll find people appreciate it if you take more time to define their shape and it looks better),then tweeze any strays or if you're scared of going too close then tweeze where you need to! Also take any strays from just under the place where the brows start because there are always a few strays it just neatens up the line. Hope this has helped a bit :)

I agree with all of the above. I always finish off with tweezers. you've no idea how many new clients I've had who've come to me with one brow thicker than the other because their previous beautician hasn't used tweezers to shape up and finish properly! x

I second this. I cant see how you can not finish with tweezers! I love doing eyebrows x

Since ive learned to thread i actually thread after waxing as i find it takes away even the tiniest hairs that were too short/thin to be picked up by wax. Only then do i tweeze if still needed. I actually evenuse wax extremely rarely now, since i find thread so much easier to control and it leaves better results AND theres no patch test required :)

Jurate xx

Since ive learned to thread i actually thread after waxing as i find it takes away even the tiniest hairs that were too short/thin to be picked up by wax. Only then do i tweeze if still needed. I actually evenuse wax extremely rarely now, since i find thread so much easier to control and it leaves better results AND theres no patch test required :)

Jurate xx

Jurate, those lashes on your piccie are amazing. What type are they hunny? And i take it you would recommend threading trainig lol. I really fancy giving it a try i love doing eybrows xxx

After waxing defiantly use a good pair of tweezers and for the ulimate shape finish with threading. It's fantastic. The ulimate eye brow!

Jurate, those lashes on your piccie are amazing. What type are they hunny? And i take it you would recommend threading trainig lol. I really fancy giving it a try i love doing eybrows xxx

Oh my, thank you.(you made me blush)! I use sinthetic mink (from blink) and absolutely loving everything about this brand :)

And yes, i do think threading is a great addition to any type of hair removal - i do it on lips, chin and brows. Not perfect yet, but will get there eventually :) barely used wax since - but im not saying that waxing isnt good :) lol

Jurate xx

Oh my, thank you.(you made me blush)! I use sinthetic mink (from blink) and absolutely loving everything about this brand :)

And yes, i do think threading is a great addition to any type of hair removal - i do it on lips, chin and brows. Not perfect yet, but will get there eventually :) barely used wax since - but im not saying that waxing isnt good :) lol

Jurate xx

oooh not heard of them but they are fab!! I think i can definately feel a threading course coming on!! haha. xxx

oooh not heard of them but they are fab!! I think i can definately feel a threading course coming on!! haha. xxx

Go on, do it, you will love it - its quite addictive, and as i said, really safe :) the brand of the lashes is not often quoted anywhere, but i do like the quality of them and havent had any probs so far :)

Jurate xx

Latest posts

Back