problem with foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hiya all

i have just started to experiment with the foils and am having a terrible time. i am following the instructions (destructions in my case). i have been applying the foil adhesive as stated, waited for it to go clear etc but when i apply the foil only half of it is sticking to the nail, so im ending up with one side perfect and the other side a total disaster. any help on this would be grateful

thanks

OPI-nails said:
hiya all

i have just started to experiment with the foils and am having a terrible time. i am following the instructions (destructions in my case). i have been applying the foil adhesive as stated, waited for it to go clear etc but when i apply the foil only half of it is sticking to the nail, so im ending up with one side perfect and the other side a total disaster. any help on this would be grateful

thanks

Hiya Glynis,
When i do foils, I apply the adhesive thinly, wait until it goes clear. Apply foil, go over the surface area of the foil with an orange stick, then slowly peel off.
Always works this way for me.

i have always struggled with foil, have you tried encasing it in clear L&p?

Foils can be tricky to master glynis, takes a bit of practice. As Lesley said, with the adhesive less is definately more LOL, don't apply it too thickly & be sure to give it plenty of time to dry. Then once you apply the foil to the nail firmly rub all over the surface with a cotton bud making sure you cover the whole area then the film should just lift away leaving the pattern behind on the nail. The flatter a nail is the easier it is to do but when you get nails like mine are (yes we've all seen the picture of the "hooky" things :lol: ) it can be quite a job to get the foil all over a nail with the shape but just takes a bit of practice and lots of patience with the adhesive.

Karen

I used to have real problems with foil too, although I have found that some foils are better than others. It could be that you are putting the adhesive on thicker in places. You only need a very thin coat, let it go clear (as you are doing), place the foil and press down gently, then slowly lift it from the nail. If there are some "missed" spots just re-apply the foil as the glue stays tacky for quite a while. Keep practicing - I still have to!!

I hope this helps you.:biggrin:

OPI-nails said:
hiya all

thanks

If you apply a really thin coat of glue and let it go off (between 5 and 10 mins) mine usually stick no problem. Just been doing my nails with flowery foils and hopefully attatched a picture ;)

nail2.jpg

thanks for all your suggestions and comments, will definately do abit more practice till i get it right.

artymarty said:
I used to have real problems with foil too, although I have found that some foils are better than others. It could be that you are putting the adhesive on thicker in places. You only need a very thin coat, let it go clear (as you are doing), place the foil and press down gently, then slowly lift it from the nail. If there are some "missed" spots just re-apply the foil as the glue stays tacky for quite a while. Keep practicing - I still have to!!

I hope this helps you.:biggrin:

i always find if i put to much nail adhesive on the nail, it wont stick, you only need a fine layer of it then rub and it should be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back