Problem with gel lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydra-detox

Reaction score
I am currently using Alessandro gel for natural overlays and extensions, but I'm finding that after 4-5 days it starts to lift from the free edge.

I think it is the primer I have the problem with, the Alessandro primer has to be cured under UV light before you apply the gel and I'm not sure if I'm curing it for long enough or too long.

Someone told me to cure just 2 nails at a time under the UV lamp and this prevents lifting, but I can't see how that would work. Does anyone know about this?

Does anyone have the same problem with Alessandro, I am supposed to be having training, but the date keeps being changed and there are no instructions on the packaging as it is all in German!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have clients booked in at the weekend.

I would use whatever system you are the most comfortable with until you do your training. I would not try to 'wing it' with out understanding the product and how it works, especially as yu are already experiencing a major problem because you can't read the instructions.

Ruth speaks german ... scan the instructions and send to her and I'm sure she will be able to help you.

I used to use Alessandro but had too many problems with it. I switched to LCN gel 2 years ago and all my existing clients commented on how much better it was. I love the product, there is a gel for every eventuality and nail type, it is very durable and i get very little problems with lifting, nail damage, fungal infections etc. Their customer service and support is the best - one of the main reasons I left Alessandro was their lack of customer support - they even tried to make ammends a couple of months ago by making an appointment to show their pedix range, I booked time out of my diary and they didn't turn up!!

The main problem I found with Alessandro gel is it is very runny and tends to flow into the side walls - this may be your problem.
Best of luck

hydra-detox said:
I am currently using Alessandro gel for natural overlays and extensions, but I'm finding that after 4-5 days it starts to lift from the free edge.

I think it is the primer I have the problem with, the Alessandro primer has to be cured under UV light before you apply the gel and I'm not sure if I'm curing it for long enough or too long.

Someone told me to cure just 2 nails at a time under the UV lamp and this prevents lifting, but I can't see how that would work. Does anyone know about this?

Does anyone have the same problem with Alessandro, I am supposed to be having training, but the date keeps being changed and there are no instructions on the packaging as it is all in German!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have clients booked in at the weekend.
No probs there babe,
Scan it, mail it and I will translate it no probs xxxxxxxxxxxx
PM me and I will send you my Email addy xxxxxxx

Hi

A couple of my friends experienced the same problems with Alessandro both with lifting of the gel and customer service. I am an L&P girl, also use Bio Sculpture gel for my clients who are not enhancement lovers but loved this as it could be soaked off and added a harder gel middle of last year and use the Akzentz range and have never looked back. Now we did cover gel when I trained over 6 years ago but concentrated on L&P so I just practised like mad with their sample kit which is brilliant and with the help from Fiona at Nails Plus Beauty my clients love it, no lifting, cracking or yellowing, although I do agree you can't beat good training on a product. Go onto her website at www.nailsplusbeauty, the service you will receive is great. Their prices are good and p&p prices good as well and they also have the new daisy cutter tips which are pre-etched and require no blending, still to try these out myself. Well good luck, but I would get onto them and find out whats happening with your training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back