Problem with gel top coat looking dirty.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi MyBelize - I can understand why you feel frustrated as the lack of regulations in Canada make us look really, really bad. Good for you for wanting to train and use superior products.

It scares me that there are thousands of techs in Canada that do not have formal training as they can seriously damage a clients nails. I don't understand what our government was thinking as they have created a really dangerous climate for us here. I got my license when one was still required and thank GOD that reputable distributors will sell only to salon owners and techs with proof of education. Unfortunately, the internet has made it possible for almost anyone to buy products and start messing with peoples nails.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers! I sometimes feel defensive myself on this site - but the people who respond are really only trying to safeguard the industry - not hurt your feelings.

Don't be afraid to post! Your question is valid!

May I ask why you feel that CND is a higher quality product than Star? Brisa is a wonderful product, but there are many Techs here that love their Starnail products as well - they get beautiful results.

Hi Mely-Bely,

Thank you for your post!

I actually don't have a preference nor do I think or know if any are more superior. The girl we hired was trained with Star so I purchased Star. A lot of people here like CND so I wanted to try this product as well. I think I am in that blissful newbie stage right now where "the world is my oyster" and every product is "fair game". I really am just learning about the different products and figuring out for myself which I like best.

I recently bought some new white tips that are CND where you don't have to rough them up - the product sticks right to them (or so I am told). I have them on now and so far so good. Before that I had tried OPI tips and I had a hard time making them stick. I didn't know if it was the tip or the glue so I changed glues and people (new hands) and I still had the same problem - they kept popping off. In making the glue change, I came across the CND gel bond which I really liked.

The girl at the salon loves Star and is actually afraid to try CND in case it doesn't work out for her and I've noticed this with the hair stylists as well. They will only use and promote the "tried and true" products and won't try any new ones.

So I think I am in the right stage of the game to become informed and make changes where I think they should be made, and quite honestly, it would probably be to my benefit to know BOTH systems well....you can never stop learning....

I agree with you completely - there is always so much to learn. If you are having trouble with adhesive - you can always use Resin. If I have to use tips (which I dislike immensely) I will use the resin from our Wrapped In Glass kit. It sticks really well.

Brisa is a wonderful product that gives beautiful results.

We have a fantastic gel line too

Integrity by INM. The clear gel works as the basecoat, builder gel and the top coat. It cures for only 7 seconds between layers using an INM UV Lamp and it has a 90 second final cure. We also have 40+ acrylic colors that can be added to our clear gel or white gel to create some beautiful enhancements. If you want more info - go to Nail Supply, Supplies, Manufacturers - INM Canada and check for a distributor in your area.

It is really hard to switch brands, especially when the one you have works for you. I understand that completely - but sometimes it is worth the effort!

Take care and keep in touch

Latest posts

Back