Problem with Gelbond Escaping!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmogeek

Reaction score
Hi Guys wonder if anyone can help me ive been having trouble with my gelbond. Every time I take the lid off (which sticks and i have ti prise it open) it oozes out really fast and I lose a lot of the gelbond. Does anyone else have the same problem or know how I can stop this from happening?

i had the same problem,my gel bond kept oozing out and i ended up losing the lot as it went all funny.ive never bought anymore since so im interested to know how you can prevent this from happening.sorry im not much help

When you open a new gelbond, make sure you're not applying pressure to the tube when piercing the lid. When in use, squeeze the tube from the middle and not the bottom.HTHs
David

I also find that it helps to only squeeze on your first use to just as you see the gelbond appear in the funnel end....then stop...the gelbond will make its way down to the end of the funnel without oozing out.

I had problems the first few times but once i got my head around the fact that it wasn't a toothpaste tube i was fine...:lol:

ok thanks guys I will try this method and only squeeze it from the top first time i use it hopefully i'll stop losing half the tube to my cotton pad!

Thank you! :)

When you are finished using the gelbond,wipe it clean and then apply solaroil to the nozzle-it will never stick again !!!
Karen:)

good tip! Thank you!

Hi The way around your gelbond problem is you put a dolly pin in the end when you have finished then put the lid back on. When you next go to use it pull out pin but do not press the tube. hope this helps Lynn
Hi Guys wonder if anyone can help me ive been having trouble with my gelbond. Every time I take the lid off (which sticks and i have ti prise it open) it oozes out really fast and I lose a lot of the gelbond. Does anyone else have the same problem or know how I can stop this from happening?

Yes I too have had this problem, very frustrating.
While we are on the subject does anyone know of or use a different "medical grade" glue that could be used as an alternative?

Latest posts

Back