Problem with IBX Boost removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myden

Reaction score
I have recently started using IBX Boost and on my first two clients I have had two different reactions.
The first is removal, I used Boost base then a layer of Boost both applied thinly. Followed this with 2 layers of Shellac colour and Shellac original top coat. After two weeks I buffed the top layer with 100 grit file and wrapped in foil using CND Offtly Fast. Left for 10 mins checked but only some gel near the cuticle was lifted, re wrapped. This took 45mins for me to get off safely buffing and re wrapping. It was extra difficult to remove from free edge and this lady wears her nails short.
Has anyone else had removal problems? Should I try heat like when I remove Bio Sculpture?
The 2nd client same application but she had lifting isssues after 2 days, mainly side walls. I had to redo the whole set again after 7 days.
Both these clients do need extra strength and 1st client also has IBX Strength and repair under her Shellac.

Hi Myden, I’ve just come in to search ibx boost removal and saw this old post. Can’t believe you didn’t get a reply??
Did you have any luck with the boost removal in the end?
I’ve just got some in after a demo at Excel and mine were a nightmare to soak off, remover didn’t budge them!

Hi Myden, I’ve just come in to search ibx boost removal and saw this old post. Can’t believe you didn’t get a reply??
Did you have any luck with the boost removal in the end?
I’ve just got some in after a demo at Excel and mine were a nightmare to soak off, remover didn’t budge them!

I found BOOST was best removed after filing it down as much as I could with a normal hand file (as IBX BOOST is clear, you need to make sure you aren't filing the natural nail so best not to use an e-file!), then soaking. I think trying to get it down to as thin as possible by filing first is the best way for me. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back