Problem with lifting Acrylic Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katrinad

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I qualified at a Nail Tec last year & I originally trained with ASP Acrylic but then changed to EZ Flow because I had heard that it was a better product. I follow all the instructions making sure there is no dust on the nail plate & keep my area clean & tidy etc. I use a good quality bonder but I’m still getting trouble with lifting, help!!! What am i doing??? Is there a better acrylic product? Would using glaze & go help? I’m starting to get a bit disheartened to be honest now but i really love doing nails & seeing the end product, I really just want to give my clients the best.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received
:green:

I don't see the point in changing products again, without first checking out how you use them lol !
EzFlow acrylic (L&P) is a good system, and you should have noticed a difference with it after using ASP.

The main causes of product lifting away from the nail are :

Improper prep, failure to remove all the non living tissue from the nail plate
Improper mix ratio, working too wet or too dry can cause lifting. EzFlow is a wet mix ratio but your bead should still dome when you place it on the nail, and you need to wipe your brush to remove excess liquid from it before you press the bead out.
Product touching skin are you sure you are keeping the product on the nailplate, and not touching skin at the sidewalls or cuticle? Apply your product nice and flush at the cuticle are, and ensure duig your finish filing it is flush and sealed. The EzFlow training teaches you a great system for your finish filing working down the grits.

Where are you mainly getting lifting, at the sidewalls? or at the cuticle area?
Are you sculpting or tipping? as poor tip application or an illfitting form can cause sidewall lifting.

Im getting lift on the cuticle area. Im really starting to think i'm just a bit crap :cry: its really knocked my confidence.

I did start using a larger brush but i think if i go back to the smaller brush I should be able to controll my mix ratio a bit better???

Oh & I mainly do tips but I also do sculpting on one lady.

Thanks for your help by the way. This is the first time I have deared to put a post on here.

Im getting lift on the cuticle area. Im really starting to think i'm just a bit crap :cry: its really knocked my confidence.

I did start using a larger brush but i think if i go back to the smaller brush I should be able to controll my mix ratio a bit better???

Stop doubting yourself...we all had this problem when we first started.:hug:

The best brush to use with the EzFlow system is the Master Artist 508 a size 8 brush that is one of the best I have ever used.

Have a read of this tutorial http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/9200-product-control-part-4-zone-3-making-disappear.html

There are loads of tutorials here on site (click on Articles on the toolbar) so there is always help available on here.

Also are you removing the shine from the nailplate and using primer, the EzFlow system does require primer. I do suspet though it will be your zone 3 bead causing the problem either with it's placement or its mix ratio!

How about listing your whole prep etc from start to finish and products used so we can see if your missing anything out this may help hun xx

Latest posts

Back