Problem with lifting.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura1971

Reaction score
I have solved the problem with the crystalisation but i still have that lifting. I bite my nails, not badly, i tend to have a small free edge most of the time, which has me doing sculptured nails.But also i need to get my technic correct with sculptured.Which i have. I also prefer sculpture as i find they feel more lighter and natural. But the problem i am having is, after a few hours, lifting seems to appear along the white, sculptured tip,along the natural free edge line. Everything else is fine. My nails are now lovely and i am really impressed with them. But i can not understand why i am still getting this happening.
My prepping is good- filing the free edge, etching gently, brush, wiping dehydrator with a nail wipe to clear any dust, then prime. I also push the cuticles back with a cuticle stick , which has been sanitized.
Should i be apply white, sculptered tips along the free edge or should i apply clear first then white. I honestly can not work this one out as my prep is good and the rest of nail is flawless. It is just along the free edge, which then spreads the lifting gradually up the nail.
X. Laws.:mad:

I have solved the problem with the crystalisation but i still have that lifting. I bite my nails, not badly, i tend to have a small free edge most of the time, which has me doing sculptured nails.But also i need to get my technic correct with sculptured.Which i have. I also prefer sculpture as i find they feel more lighter and natural. But the problem i am having is, after a few hours, lifting seems to appear along the white, sculptured tip,along the natural free edge line. Everything else is fine. My nails are now lovely and i am really impressed with them. But i can not understand why i am still getting this happening.
My prepping is good- filing the free edge, etching gently, brush, wiping dehydrator with a nail wipe to clear any dust, then prime. I also push the cuticles back with a cuticle stick , which has been sanitized.
Should i be apply white, sculptered tips along the free edge or should i apply clear first then white. I honestly can not work this one out as my prep is good and the rest of nail is flawless. It is just along the free edge, which then spreads the lifting gradually up the nail.
X. Laws.:mad:

are you sure its not "curling" that you are referring to, where the natural free edge curls away from the enhancement from the sidewalls?

are you sure its not "curling" that you are referring to, where the natural free edge curls away from the enhancement from the sidewalls?
Exactly what I was thinking.

Are you also possibly not capping the end of the free edge? (Gels, L&P doesnt matter capping helps)

Thanks for replying. Curling...what is that. I know you have explained it to me, but we never got told anything about that on the course.It isnt lifting at the edges, just along the centre. I thought i had solved the problem last night but hey ho... it has happened again this morning. I am at a dead end. Nothing seems to be working. Just havnt got a clue. I will have to keep trying. I put my clear edge on the nail that you have to put on when you come across a nail biter, then the white tip but it still happened.grrrrrrr.
x. Laura.:irked:

Pocket lifting perhaps? (but u normally see this with tips not sculpts) are you able to supply us with any pictures? (and now reading back I am confused? are you sculpting on forms or are you tipping?)

Well, i have kind of solved the problem to my lifting, in a way. I had been Sculpting with forms.
The lifting was along the free edge of the natural nail, under the clear product. So i decided to try a tip to see if i got the lifting problem with those, because if i did, it would mean it was my technic. But hey ho, there is no lifting along the free edge. The nail looks great.I am waiting for that lifting though !! So it now has to be the sculpting tip. I have taken the whole 4 off, through frustration. As i am a nail biter,i applied the clear base that you have to apply before going onto applying the white tip. But that still didnt work. I have notice though, that when i do sculpting on others, i do not have this problem. My mother in law has naturally good looking nails, it didnt happen with her. My daughter is a nail biter,and it didnt happen to her.So if anyone has any ideas, i would be very grateful.
Thanks, Laws.:eek:

I'm not familar with the acrylic system your using so cant really comment other than if its a problem with sculpted nails its probably technique.. to do your own nails u use a slightly diff technique than u use to do someone elses (brush angles etc). other than that I cant offer anything else as I dont even reconises the name of your system so unsure on how it works (compaired to say creative or ezyflow)

Thanks for your bit of advice. Just keep trying.
Laws.x.:confused:

Latest posts

Back