Problem with my nails.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
When I reach a certain lenght I have 2 nails that split right before / at the free edge. Is there something I'm doing wrong, it is so frustrating to reach a certain lenght only to be stuck with one or two particular nail. Advise would be more than welcome.

TY

Kat

Is there a "repair kit" available for natural nails? I know you can repair acrylic and UV gels but what about natural nails? I'd really hate to sacrifice it, its like a small tear at the base and I'd like to prevent it from further tearing (ouch!) LOL

Any advise would be welcome!

TY

Kat meow

Wrap them with Fabric#...................
It's brill for repairs.................
Those two nails that break/split are they on your doing fingers???
Some fingers have to work harder then others i.e index and middle and ring finger.... these are the fingers that are primarily used when picking things up, typing, cleaning aso.............
So wrap then up in Fabric# and you will be fine

I have begun to wrap my repairs in Fabric# and I must admit my clients are absolutly amazed!
More so than I am!!!!!!! :D

It is fab!

xxx

Now the big question is.......... where do I get Fabric and how is it applied / done? I'm not familiar with the system....... (think I'll start by doing a search here, there has been several threads on Fabric.....) but just the same additional info would be great. Oh and do I need to follow a course to use Fabric?

Many thanks

Kat

The Fabric# system is a fibreglass/silk overlay or wrap system at the moment only available in the UK............
But you can use the more widely available Fibreglass/Silk enhancement system........
There are loads of different brand names out there........
Backscratchers, OPI being some of them.........
These systems are based on EC Resin and Activator Spray or brush on Activator............
As these are professional applications, you would be advised to get trained on this ................
Have you had any training on Enhancements? If you have done L&P or Gel then Fibreglass/Silk wont be to difficult to master..........
The basics as prepping, contra indications, aftercare are much the same ................

I haven't done nail enhancements yet, what I can do is make an appointment with my teacher so she can fix it for me right now and observe what she does and what will be recommended. It would be a shame to loose the nail (I measured it and the tips are .5 mm. Ruth, you asked me if the nails were on my doing hand? The index on my right hand has a slight indent at the base (which is how it starts ....) and my left thumb has a crack of 4mm long today.

Thank you for the advise, I'll keep in mind Fabric # as a system I would like to learn about in the future. For now I have to ask the services of a Pro!! wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back