Problem with new strip wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewelady

Reaction score
I have just started using Berodin (Berins) warm strip wax and think it is great but I have noticed that on some of my clients the hairs are not pulled out even though they are a perfect length. I am using the jasmine oil under the wax.

Its frustrating as it has speeded up my waxing times but I have to go over the areas twice to get hairs out and even then they dont come out and I end up plucking (dont tell Lori!!). Then of course my speeded up time goes to pot.

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance geeks x

I am having the same problem with berins wax. I have returned to my previous wax for the time being until I sort it out. It doesnt seem to get all the hairs out. :confused:

I would like some help too please

I have been using Berins strip wax with all their before and after care products and have come to the conclusion I am just not experienced enough with the waxing.

I end up threading the stray hairs.

I think I am applying the wax too thick despite buying different spatulas etc.

I dread doing legs !!

On the flip side I now love Berins hot wax, give me an under arm wax any day !!

I am sure my problem is I cannot spread the wax thin enough - practice makes perfect (hopefully).

Practise definitely makes a difference :) I use Ease and my only criticism of it is hot weather...
As for all the hairs - I've not had a problem with getting all the hairs out using ease, but from time to time if I've not been careful about how much oil I've applied then yes... it will be a struggle to get the wax to grip the hairs... :)

Could it be that you have put too much oil on? :)

Don't get me wrong - I do really think that different people suit different waxes, both clients and waxers. I love my Ease for male body waxing - it's just great for not getting bad reactions on the coarser hairs and I LOVE my Blue :)

Am testing some other waxes at the moment just for comparison and I won't rule out using multiple brands for various purposes just depending on what I find suits me best :)

I have been using Berins strip wax with all their before and after care products and have come to the conclusion I am just not experienced enough with the waxing.

I end up threading the stray hairs.

I think I am applying the wax too thick despite buying different spatulas etc.

I dread doing legs !!

On the flip side I now love Berins hot wax, give me an under arm wax any day !!

I am sure my problem is I cannot spread the wax thin enough - practice makes perfect (hopefully).

You could be applying your wax too thickly. I am only up the road from you, so if you fancy a trouble shooting session (FOC) then let me know!
Just so you don't think I am some old random, I train using Berodin and have done for a few years now. let me know if you want to take me up on this offer.

Just a suggestion but you might be applying too much oil.

Hey so sorry to hijack the post Kim I have just messages you I hope you don't mind x

Just a suggestion but you might be applying too much oil.

Thanks Kim will make sure I am not using too much. I did wonder it that may be the problem.

If you were using too much then the wax would not spread, it would just slide about and apply unevenly.

Latest posts

Back