Problem with NSI Clear Builder gel (i think)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm kinda hoping I can explain this wel lol.

I just had a rebal client and when i opened my clear builder gel it was very hard, not cured hard but very stiff.

I have a brand new pot in the drawer and checked that and it was fine, normal consistency.

The surface of the opened pot was not smooth and glossy like normal.

This pot is half used, its a 30gm pot and its been open less than 2 weeks. I always keep them in a drawer, out of sunlight (I dont open my curtains in the nail room).

Anyone have any clues???

Rachel

P.S. I have to say that within 10 mins of being opened it had thinned but only slightly and still not glossy looking on the top.

Was it cold in the room?

nope, sun been out allll day today plus the other gels, builder and sculpting, were fine.

Never had one like that hun. Dodgy batch maybe? Have you rung them? :hug:

Is it the Balance gel you're using?
Was it ok when you used it before?
Could you have left it open near your lamp when you previously used it?
Sorry, so many questions!!

Is it the Balance gel you're using?
Was it ok when you used it before?
Could you have left it open near your lamp when you previously used it?
Sorry, so many questions!!

I have used it fine for 2 weeks, last time i used it was sat night and it was ok then, it's been in my drawer since, no it's not been by my lamp as i make sure that the lamp faces the opposite way to where i put my gels. They kind of sit behind the lamp.

AI Always put the lid on and put them back in my drawer between using them too.

Rachel

Has it been subjected to extreme cold?

Has it been subjected to extreme cold?

No to that one too. Whilst we dont have our heating on atm when we put the hot water on it heats the rads upstairs so at least once a day it gets a couple of hours to wamr up in there plus with the good weather at the weekend its not been cold at all.

Seems so odd to me.

i will call them in the morning and see if they can tell me more.

I wonder if the pot of gel is just catching the edge of the light coming from the UV lamp? Just an idea!

Seems odd that it was ok for a while and this has now happened.
Try warming it a little and see if it goes back to how it was.
Could it be contaminated in any way?
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/17082-can-you-contaminate-gel-brush.html[/quote]

Read that link thanks, my brush is fine, not had any problems with it and i only ever use it for balance builder, clear or pink gels. I have another one i use for white gels, and one for coloured gels.

i will try sitting it by my table lamp in the morning and see if it flows a bit more then. Seems odd that the other pot thats not been used was perfect and when i tipped it up slightly it all moved towards the lower side, but the other pot i help upside down for a min and it didnt more at all:eek:

I wonder if the pot of gel is just catching the edge of the light coming from the UV lamp? Just an idea!

The gel is behind the lamp, there is no way it can be catching the UV light at all but thanks for the suggestion xxxxx

Dont know if im right lol but when I did my nsi workshop they showed us a pot of builder that had 'gone off' n it was like rippled on top only slightly when it was tipped upside down it didnt move :irked:

Ive had this problem before when ive been half way down a pot give them a ring hun another dodgy batch :rolleyes:

HTH :hug:

Dont know if im right lol but when I did my nsi workshop they showed us a pot of builder that had 'gone off' n it was like rippled on top only slightly when it was tipped upside down it didnt move :irked:

Ive had this problem before when ive been half way down a pot give them a ring hun another dodgy batch :rolleyes:

HTH :hug:

Wow, thanks for that. I'll call in the morning

Thanks for all your help, I'll let you kno what they say

Rachel xx

Let us know how you get on x

Just spoke to NSi and she has asked that i return it to them for testing and they will send me another one out. She said it does seem like there is something wrong with it and they will let me know when it's been tested and hopefully it's just one faulty pot.

rachel xxxx

had a call back from NSI yesterday morning and they have agreed that the pot of gel was faulty, apparently they had a batch a while back, so they have sent me a new pot.

Big thanks to NSI for sorting it out for me:hug:

Glad to hear it Rach. its nice to know that companies do admit to these things when it goes wrong! :hug: Good on them.

Latest posts

Back