Problem with Shellac Burnt Romance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

narney

Reaction score
Hi all, hope your day is going well...
Just wondered if anyone else has had trouble with the Shellac colour burnt romance...or is it 'me'!!
Both the coats seemed to ripple after being under the uv light, i know this can sometimes happen slightly, i thought the client may have had her nail to close or actually touching the bulbs itself, but i asked her to make sure her fingers relaxed, and yet it still rippled badly & now she informs me it is peeling off...i have never had a Shellac peel off yet...any advice would be welcomed.
Many thanks
Sian x

The most likely scenario is that you have applied the colour too thickly and it has wrinkled in the lamp, so not cured correctly.
Burnt romance does tend to wrinkle unless applied in 2 very thin coats x

As Fee says wrinkling is caused by coats being applied too thickly. Keep it thin and you should be fine.

Hi all, hope your day is going well...
Just wondered if anyone else has had trouble with the Shellac colour burnt romance...or is it 'me'!!
Both the coats seemed to ripple after being under the uv light, i know this can sometimes happen slightly, i thought the client may have had her nail to close or actually touching the bulbs itself, but i asked her to make sure her fingers relaxed, and yet it still rippled badly & now she informs me it is peeling off...i have never had a Shellac peel off yet...any advice would be welcomed.
Many thanks
Sian x

I think its burnt romance! I used it last week and the same happened i told another therapist and said she had the same problem! If you google it there is a thread on here with people saying the same thing.
X

Sent from my LG-D855 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also it had a kind of ombre look to it which was quite nice lol

Sent from my LG-D855 using SalonGeek mobile app

thanks everyone, kinda glad it wasn't just me! Also Kimmy that did happen on two of the nails , almost an opal colouring...thing is she is a good client so now i feel i am going to have to offer her a discount off her next Shellac, but when it isn't the therapist fault, but the product it leaves a bitter taste....thanks for the replies tho guys....have a great week building up to Christmas xx

i struggle with crinkling with Burnt Romance ;-(

I've banished Burnt Romance due to this :(

Not really had a problem with it wrinkling just a problem with the colour, everyone hates it! Lol, sorry not very helpful.

Karaxxx

Not really had a problem with it wrinkling just a problem with the colour, everyone hates it! Lol, sorry not very helpful.

Karaxxx

That's my problem too - no-one ever chooses it but I have added additives to hide the actual colour and just apply it super thin. When it's gone I definitely won't replace it!

My problem is NO ONE has EVER chosen it!!!!

Worst shellac colour ever!

I don't remember it wrinkling the one time I used it ;)

I had a client choose it the other day and I told her not to have it doh!

I had awful rippling with Burnt romance today( had to restart!!!), also have had issues with fedora! Glad its not just us! Wont be buying these again, shame as fedora is lovely.

I love burnt romance! It's one of my favorite colours from the range ;) I'm a redhead and think it's great for me as it goes with my hair lol

You need to apply 3 very thin coats of it

And for those of you not sure of the colour or your clients aren't choosing it , put in on your own nails , it's a colour that you have too see on to apriciate:)

I had awful rippling with Burnt romance today( had to restart!!!), also have had issues with fedora! Glad its not just us! Wont be buying these again, shame as fedora is lovely.

Fedora is one of the original 12 shellac colors and when it came out it was considered the black sheep of the bunch because many, many, many people had trouble with it wrinkling. It would be a shame not to use it especially since all you need to do is adjust your application so that with burnt romance and fedora, you apply 2 very thin layers. The first layer should be patchy and with the second layer you should have full coverage. Even a third layer if you dont have enough coverage would be better than 2 thicker layers. Those who had problems with wrinkling, havent after adjusting their application that way. I think they're both gorgeous colors!

Fedora is one of the original 12 shellac colors and when it came out it was considered the black sheep of the bunch because many, many, many people had trouble with it wrinkling. It would be a shame not to use it especially since all you need to do is adjust your application so that with burnt romance and fedora, you apply 2 very thin layers. The first layer should be patchy and with the second layer you should have full coverage. Even a third layer if you dont have enough coverage would be better than 2 thicker layers. Those who had problems with wrinkling, havent after adjusting their application that way. I think they're both gorgeous colors!

That takes me back - I remember when we only had 12 colours!!

That takes me back - I remember when we only had 12 colours!!

Me also;)!
At this time I thought I was to stupid to apply UV Polish as an holistic healer. My first colour was Romantique and the application was (and is till today) streaky. Than I ordered some more colours - under them was Fedora, and it shrinks, shrinks, shrinks:cry:. As I said, I thought I was to stupid. But with help with my CND Trainer I solved the Problem with the right application - very thin coats!

Today I am very proud to have every single Shellac colour and can handle every colour - expect Romantique:irked:. Therefore it was no problem for me to get a good application with Burnt Romance. But, as the most of you said, no one want it. I don`t know why. In my opinion it is a lovely colour.

Latest posts

Back