Problem with tips.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelli-marie

Reaction score
Hey geeks.
I really need some advice. i had a client on weds evening and did a full sett of tips with white and clear gel. i did what i normally do and prepped the nails. after i was really pleased with the result and she booked me again in 4 weeks as she is on holiday. i said to show them around when she ws at work in hoping to get some more clients. i got a text message the next day to say everyone thought the nails looked lovely but one of the tips on her thumb had came of. she then phoned me to see if i could replace which of course i will and asked what had happed. she said that she had got in the bath and had noticed bubbles on the nail and then got out the bath and the tip had come of but all her other nails are fine any ideas what could have caused this. sorry if i have waffled on but ive never had problems before.

What tips and ashesive did you use? Is the product still on the natural nail plate? Are you positive she didnt have a bit of an accident? ;)

Are you sure that the particular tip was adhered properly and that there was no air bubble trapped underneath the tip? If there was, water could very well have got under the tip but I think she had a little accident there as well.

Which ever, replace the tip ... it is the right thing to do in this instance.

Thanks guys there deaf wernt no air bubble because im always aware of it. the tips i use are the ones i got given when i was training and which i have continued to use which i buy from the wholesalers near me. i just cant understand how all the others are fine and this one isnt when i have done exactly the same.

It's EASY to understand .... she broke it! :biggrin: Repair it anyway for the good will, but no more!

Pehaps it was one of those accidents that you just don't notice. It happens to me sometimes. Sometimes i bump a nail a little bit harder but it doesn't hurt so i don't pay much attencion, then when i get then on water i can see some lifting or a crack. Sometimes i can track what it was sometimes i can't... But if it was me i would repair it since she was concious enough to call, and there is only one, if she was picking at them there would probaly be more.

You have had advice from the best in the business so who am I to add only one thing that wasn't mentioned and especially due to the fact it was the thumb(being a bigger flatter nail generally) was the fact that maybe the tip didn't fit in the first place when doing thumbs it can sometimes be a bit tricky and if we cant get a perfect fit we make our tips try to fit sometimes if you put the tip under undue pressure it isn't happy and it's just a matter of time before it will come off.

Well anyway I hope you fixed the problem and your client is now happy.

Have a great day

Martin

Latest posts

Back