Problem with Vinylux peeling off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthy2

Reaction score
Hi there. Can you help please. I am newly qualified and trying to get practice on friends and family before going out to real clients. I have gad success with shellac and vinylux on my own fingers and toes but my shellac has been peeling off of others which I'm upset about but guess I am maybe applying too thick? But I am now even more worried as I applied vinylux on my sister on Friday last and she told me after having a shower vand washing her hair she said about half hour later 3 of her nails started to peel off!! She ended up having to remove the lot. I feel so discpon dent and did not know that vinylux could peel..... Would really appreciate experts thoughts please xxx

I'm finding vinylux everlasting. Most clients are getting 10-14 days. How do you prep the nail?

I soak the hands then cuticle work with cuticle away rinse the ca off with soapy water, file nails, hand massage then scrub fresh the nails then teosinte top costs then top coat then solar oil . If it's a spa manicure after the cuticle work I do the exfoliation and illuminating masque. X

Don't soak. I know its traditional part of a mani but a dry mani works better. The trouble is, the nails absorb so much water it changes their shape somewhat and then you paint them, then as they dry out they change shape again back to their normal completely dry state and bingo thats the end of your polish :sad:

It's also a bit like trying to stick something to wet wood ... it won't stick properly and won't last.

So would I go straight into cutical work first then? Xx

that's what i do, yes. x

I agree with Blossom but be very careful you're not putting the polish on too thickly. The only time I have peeling with any system is when I'm heavy handed with the colour. Usually happens when I'm not concentrating (read as 'talking too much!:o)

Thanks so much. I'll do that and just try even harder. Feeling really stressed about it... What if I'm no good at all this... Xxx

I've got two clients who have the same issue with Vinylux, it peels off in one piece - one of them works for me and I have seen it come off with my own eyes so I know she didn't pick it! We have come to the conclusion that she has super oily nail plates (through process of elimination) and shellac doesn't stick either! We have just tried her with nail fresh as an extra dehydrator so we we see how it goes - but my point is, it's probably nothing you are doing, it might just be that your client will have the same problem regardless of what you put on the nails or who puts it on so don't get yourself down about it! Xx

Thanks so much. I'll do that and just try even harder. Feeling really stressed about it... What if I'm no good at all this... Xxx

Nonsense. Practice makes perfect. Don't lose confidence, build it.

My first eyelash tint left my poor friend looking like a panda.

1st St Tropez many years ago I tanned my friend then she tanned me, somehow through talking too much (okay wine may have been involved too) we forgot to tan my neck. I wore a polo neck for next few days. It was July and warm! :sad:

And lets not even mention leaving my mums finger nails looking like a Platypus duck after my first set of extensions.
:o

As G-mac says, practice makes perfect! We've all been there with new products/treatments and I'm sure most of us have had our share of not so good results at the start, I'm not ashamed to admit that my first few sets of shellac were a disaster!
Live and learn, persist and practice.
I have the occasional client who just isn't suited to shellac, but have never had an issue with Vinylux, its fantastic!

I always use scrubfresh before Vinylux application.
Make sure you keep your coats nice and thin, some of the colors may need 3 coats, but as long as your not applying too thickly its fine.
Another great tip is to use a fine brush dipped in remover to clean up your edges before applying your top coat. This way you can ensure your top coat covers all the color and nothing is touching your cuticles/side walls.

Stick with it my lovely, as you build up your confidence you and your clients will love Vinylux!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you so much everyone for your advice and encouraging words. I just so want to do a good job.....

I am redoing her nails this Friday so fingers crossed!!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back