Problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi wondered if someone could help, i did my nails on sunday i used the more than white and applied my normal coating of gel. Yesterday my gel peeled off just on the top corner only on the more than white. This particular one is the one that i had to replace on Sunday as i lost it a few days before. The tips im using are also a bit bendy, so what tips do you use and obviously there was something i did wrong but not sure what please help? This was the procedure for my thumb nail:

Prep etc, applied tip, two coatings of mtw to create smile line, 2 coats of gel under uv lamp cured, applied top coat.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Im now a bit worried as im doing a full set of gel nails this evening x x

Hiya babe

Just a couple of questions did you buff shine off the tip before you used MTW, and did you let the MTW dry for a couple of mins before you used the Gel.

Take care Dawnie x

Dawnie said:
Hiya babe

Just a couple of questions did you buff shine off the tip before you used MTW, and did you let the MTW dry for a couple of mins before you used the Gel.

Take care Dawnie x
Hi Dawnie thanks for your reply, i did do both of them things x

Hiya have had a similar prob - see my thread on gel lifting at free adge - I got some great posts back

Thanks Sarah have looked at that thread but it just seems weird that just a bit has come off only on the white tip no where else, didnt know whether it was the gel having probelms adhering to the mtw, i really dont know lol!

Has the gel lifted or chipped off? As it is the same problem nail, it could just be that you are knocking it causing it to do this, may not be your application at all.

sarah haslam said:
Has the gel lifted or chipped off? As it is the same problem nail, it could just be that you are knocking it causing it to do this, may not be your application at all.
Hi Ya its only chipped off in the corner and only where the mtw is, i dont normally have problems with it i had to replace it because i lost it in the car door ouch! but just wondered if it was something to do with the mtw, but i think it may also be that id dint cap the free edge properly x

It is more than likely you not capping the free edge properly, its used under all syatems quite effectively and I can`t see that it could be anything else. Try it again making sure to cap edges securely

Latest posts

Back