Problematic weave keeping me awake

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kz2308

Reaction score
Hey so one if my clients had a weave fitted about 5 weeks ago last week she contacted me to say she's having terrible problems with it knotting up, I got her to come see me it was a little bit tuggy but nothing major I gave her away shampoo conditioner and s leave in treatment to see if that would help. But no such luck, today I got her in for a Blowdry so I could really see what it was like. I used a clarifying shampoo recommend by supplier to take any build up of products out of it if it had any, but she swears she doesn't use any products on her hair other than shampoo and conditioner, anyway so after shampoo and condition it, it all bunched like really badly, I put some leave in conditioner on the first section was really tuff to try as it was just tugging together. I'll attach done pics one that I took today after washing it and some the client had took last week. I'm just looking for advice whether you think the hair is a bad lot and how I should proceed. The client wants me to take it out and send it back to the supplier but she won't go without hair so wants her old hair fitted in while its away, I have said I will just buy her new hair out my own pocket to less the hassle but she insists she doesn't want me to be out of pocket. Help [emoji30][emoji30]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468281801.982616.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468281812.714586.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468281833.001801.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468281848.918300.jpg

Which supplier is it? Some suppliers are really helpful and happy to see the pictures and they'll send a new one right out without sending the old one back.

It's not a fault of yours & you shouldn't pay out of your own pocket -contact the supplier and explain the problem.
We had this exact same problem with a client, she didn't want to go without hair whilst they tested the hair. In the end they sent new hair before we removed the other lot.

I realise it's not my fault but feel it's my responsibility if they don't take any, I had this happen before Christmas as well and I had to buy new hair can I ask who the supplier was ?

Which supplier is it? Some suppliers are really helpful and happy to see the pictures and they'll send a new one right out without sending the old one back.

I genuinely love there hair, think it is just a bad one

Have you spoke to them
?

Yes spoke to her last week she said it look like product build up and told me to use the affinage clarifying shampoo, I will phone and speak to them today x

Mine was fabulong, they sent new hair for the lady.
Make sure you contact supplier ASAP.

If your a regular in sure they will replace it no problem x

What happened Hun x

I've not managed to speak to her yet she's not been in when I phoned. Actually hate situations like this. X

Hope it works out ok for you have you removed it from your client

Hey yeh I have removed it.
today heard back and Angie said she believe it to be product build up weird thing is client swears she doesn't use products on it but Angie also said it could have been the shampoo and conditioner she's been using. Nightmare the client wanting the hair replaced or refunded but still waiting to hear back. X.

Last edited:
Hi all, I had a shop and now I just sell the hair. some stock is really bad and there is nothing you can do to stop it from knotting. the cuticles are not aligned and the hair is mixed up causing the friction and the tangling. they need to be binned. In the meantime, oils and treatments don't help, a strong hold spray or gel will hold them down to stop the movement which causes the knots so give that a go.

Latest posts

Back