Problems after ios 7 update?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NaomiP

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

As the title says I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems with their iPhone after the ios 7 update?!

Everyone I know seems to have their phone in perfect working order, except me! They may only be minor issues but they're driving me mad.

Whenever I get a notification (text, email etc) it says it was sent 8 hours ago when clearly it wasn't cuz I only just receive it. The main one that's bugging me is that when I receive a text instead of getting it once it comes through atleast 5 times, just the same text message over and over. Also where in ios 6 if you texted another iPhone it would be iMessage all of my messages now just stay as text even though they are iPhone contacts. It's freezing a lot and being generally unresponsive too.

I don't know what to do :( there isn't an apple store anywhere near me and as noone else seems to be having problems (I've googled too) I can't get any help!

So irritating, if you have had any similar problems or any problems let me know, and if you have any idea what to do to resolve them that would be amazing! Thanks x

Hi i havent had any problems since updating mine but have you tried restoring in to factory settings and starting again? If you have icloud set up you wont lose anything on the phone and can then try the update again.

I'd do what the pp said.

Back it up, restore to factory setting from a back up.
You can either back it up to iCloud or your computer.

Actually have you done a soft reset - hold done the home Hutton and the lock button until it turns of and in again? That often solves problems.

Jemima :)

Check the time in your settings, mine had set the time to America when I'm in the UK x

I had the same with the iMessage.. You have to go onto settings- messages- and turn your iMessage to on. Let me know if you can't find it and il send you a screen shot xx

When I upgraded mine, it set my location to Cupertino, which set my time wrong. You need to go into settings > general > date & time, then turn off set automatically, now change time zone to London (or wherever you are). Turn on set automatically again and voila :)

One thing I noticed when I updated was that all day calendar events moved a day earlier 😡 watch out for that!

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Ahhhh thank you all SOO much, my location was set to the capertino place too and my iMessage was off. Thank youuu xx

Sorry to hijack but has anyone experienced any problems sending imessages? X

I haven't had any problems with iMessage but as soon as I updated I lost all of my phone numbers including all of my mobile clients 😣

I haven't had any problems with iMessage but as soon as I updated I lost all of my phone numbers including all of my mobile clients 😣

Did you backup your phone? Xx

I thought I had backed everything up in iCloud but that wasn't the case (oooops!) luckily I've managed to get the majority of them back via Facebook and other clients as most of them are referrals.

Take note everyone, back up your iPhones regularly an make sure it's definitely worked haha xx

I can't update my iPhone as it says I haven't got enough storage space, iv deleted nearly everything off it and still not enough!! Grrr! X

If you havnt enough space on your handset u just plug it into iTunes and it will update with no problem

I've had no trouble with mine xxx

Hi geeks,

As the title says I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems with their iPhone after the ios 7 update?!

Everyone I know seems to have their phone in perfect working order, except me! They may only be minor issues but they're driving me mad.

Whenever I get a notification (text, email etc) it says it was sent 8 hours ago when clearly it wasn't cuz I only just receive it. The main one that's bugging me is that when I receive a text instead of getting it once it comes through atleast 5 times, just the same text message over and over. Also where in ios 6 if you texted another iPhone it would be iMessage all of my messages now just stay as text even though they are iPhone contacts. It's freezing a lot and being generally unresponsive too.

I don't know what to do :( there isn't an apple store anywhere near me and as noone else seems to be having problems (I've googled too) I can't get any help!

So irritating, if you have had any similar problems or any problems let me know, and if you have any idea what to do to resolve them that would be amazing! Thanks x

Hi - you need to change the date and time manually and also set your phone to 'on' for iMessages manually too!

Latest posts

Back