Problems with a member of staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't waste your time with this girl. If your gut says no she is not right, it would be best to sever the trial. First and foremost you are in business to make money and enjoy yourself doing it. She is letting you down on most counts.

If you see a glimmer of hope ... then sit her down and talk and do as previously mentioned. But go with your gut and what you know is best for YOUR business.

Best wishes Colin X

thanks for all your advice! most of it my friends have said exaclty the same thing but they havent been in the salon environment so its good to hear off people who have!

I think the plan is to sit down with her and discuss the problems i have with her, but i still cant see me keeping her on. There's no contract and so Im not legally bound to keeping here.

There are a million other girls who would love to be in her shoes and would do a better job and turn up on time!! Plus i see it as a better investment to pay someone more experienced and with an existing client base once January is over rather than someone on a reduced price list with no clients.

Thanks a bunch guys!!

xx

i think you have answered your question hun...let her go...she is not doing you or your business any good...going back on her work is not professional and answering you back twice shows she has no respest for you or your shop...you have worked hard for your business hun ...so keep it professional ...you dont need luck...tell her straught your not happy with her...she will get over it and you will feel better doing it.xx

Im with happychick go for it its your business if you are feeling uncomfortable so are the other people who work there. And there is no reason for her to be in the till unless she is being held responsable for it!!! Do what is best for your business so what if people think your a bitch you wont have a problem with the rest of the employees they will know you will not deal with this kind of behavior!!!

me personally?? i would get rid of her,
take her to one side, explain that as shes been late etc, moping about, etc etc that this is obviousely not the job for her, and ask her to go, pay her up to the week or whatever you think is fair and wave goodbye to your problems

jmho hth x

I agree, I would also get rid asap, staff like this are bad for your business.:hug:

I agree with the others. You have to work as a team. Sadly if you can not get on with her it will eventually show in your own attitude to work if you have to work with her day in day out.

You can get some superb advice on employment law from the UKBF website :http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/:)

Maybe she needs advice and guidance, maybe have a chat with her first and actually tell her you're not happy? Thats what I would do personally if one of my therapists were'nt what i was hoping for - for my business. Its important you get the right people as word of mouth for any business can generate at least 40% of clients.

good luck:)

well i got rid! She back chatted me once again and called in "sick" so I just thought "this girls on a 3 month trial she should be working her ass off"

So I called her into the office, told he we had to let her go, gave her a brief outline of why, told her her positive attributes and not to give up on hairdressing and sent her on her way!

thats £130 a week saved and the whole salon seems to be feeling more......gelled.

woo

so thanks for all your advice guys as always very gratefuly recived
x

If I were you I would get rid of her as fast as you could. I employed a full time therapist once who had worked for me since leaving school. I put her through her training and taught her everything she knew and as far as I was concerned we had a great working relationship together but alas I had to have major surgery (hystrectomy) and she poached clients from me and left 3 weeks after my surgery almost costing me my salon and my health. (Yes I did go back to work 3 weeks after surgery) I would say get rid of her before she destroys what you have worked hard for and think of it as a lucky escape and a learning curb.

Latest posts

Back