problems with acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailtiqe

Reaction score
i guys...im really disappointed with my acrylic recently, it seems so thick...and i have trouble round the edges with it...im thinking of learning a new system (easier one) till ive mastered the acrylic...
im going to bridlington to have a 1-2-1 with carmen in a few weeks to try and sort it out...i nackered my brush by not cleaning it properly, so ive had to buy a new one, i bought the master one too so the cost of that i will surely be making sure its clean (lol)...and i bought a replacement head to carry with me just incase...
do any of u find acrylic hard to master? i may be going into a shop in a month or so but i really do not want to offer acrylic till ive sorted this problem...
im on a fabric conversion in a few weeks and ive just bought the faze starter kit so ile have a bash at that...only thing i dont like with gels is filing off...
i really need to sort this so any hints and tips will be great...thanks guys :(

nailtiqe said:
hi guys...im really disappointed with my acrylic recently, it seems so thick...and i have trouble round the edges with it...im thinking of learning a new system (easier one) till ive mastered the acrylic...

With everything in life practise is the key. You have only just recently been on your Creative course. No one would expect you to be able to do perfect nails immediately after going on a course. Once you pass your driving test you would not be expected to win a rally or a grand prix now would you LOL.

In order to be an all round nail tech I think it is important to know all three (or 4 LOL) systems but I feel it is important to master one fully before going on to the others. I think if you are having problems with your acrylic application, then this is what you should concentrate on until you are happy with it. Flitting around from one system to another to find something which is easy will only confuse you.

If it is worth doing, it is worth doing well - it is not always best to go for the easy option. Doing nails is not easy, that is why a lot of people give up - it is not realistic to go on a course for a few days and then go out the next day and earn mega bucks - it is a hard slog but if you have the passion and drive then it is worth it in the end.

Keep practising!

I agree completely with Fiona's adivce here.

The best thing you can do you are doing which is getting some 121 tuition.

Carmen will immediately spot where you are going wrong and be able to help you to concentrate on getting it right.

What better thing could you do than spend some quality time with your tutor and then go home and practice what you have learned??. I think you have made the smart choice.

By the way, there is a student (actually I use it) brush at 14.95 that is as near as damn it a prostyler - except that it has a wooden handle - available at the one stop nail shop. They are great and don't empty your purse whilst you are learning to get it right. It's called the 'paddle brush' and it is pre-trained to help you even further.

nailtiqe wrote:
hi guys...im really disappointed with my acrylic recently, it seems so thick...and i have trouble round the edges with it...im thinking of learning a new system (easier one) till ive mastered the acrylic...

Oh babe that like saying, well I have passed my driving test, but having problems negotiating round-abouts. But hey I think, if I learn to ride a moped then I wont have a problem and always can go back to the car later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh love I know what you are going through............
the 1-2-1 will help you a grat deal.
It's not good going from one system to another, what if you find the next system just as hard?? Go on to the next one and then eventualy you will run out of systems lol.

Each system wether it is Acrylic, Fibreglass, Silk or Gels all have their problem area's, so the best thing to do I feel...................
Is stick with the problem, get all the help you need and then you will find that it all comes together after a while.
Trust me on this one.........I've been there...............
Concentrate on one system at a time.
You will be great........now repeat after me..................I will be great, I can do this, I want to do this......................

No one will expect you to run before you can walk.
So take heart, I know it's frustrating, but you will get there in the end.
I will only be to pleased to tell you in a few months..........Told ya so.........

Lots of love Ruth xxxx

hi thanks girls...i feel more confident already...gonna get my trainer hand out tomorrow and put him a nice ickle set on...ive got to master french manicures and infills by thursday too, got 2 ladys to do at 6pm...so kick up the bum to vicky and get practicing...
ive done fibreglass and gels before so i wasnt going to learn a new system from scratch, im not that mad...i just want to be able to offer my clients something else whilst im mastering the acrylics...i learnt all 3 systems 6 years ago with star nails...its just learning how to use other companys products now...i trained with star nails and didnt get on with any of there products...im converting to all of creatives/designer nails products hopefully if i get on ok with them...
any tips of french manicures and infills will be nice girls...ure great on this board by the way... :D

Hi Nailtique - just thought I'd let you know that I too trained with Star Nails and didn't get on with their products at all. Have converted to Bio Sculpture gel and Creative L&P. Sad thing is I took out the Star Nails membership and will still be paying £25 a month for the first year's membership until around November - what a waste of money!! :( :( Could have been spending it on a Creative course!!

hi ya...i know what u mean waste of money...i also spent out hundreds on a course with a company that called themselves the training academy...that was really a pathetic course...i know the lady is in dispute with a few girls off the msn and yahoo boards too...but anyway ive picked my self up, upped my barclaycard limit and its all systems go since i found creative...
r u mobile or in a salon hun? ive got a chance to rent a room but im a bit scared with still being a newbie...what do u think i should do? it could be a great opportunity...but im not yet excellent at nails...its a little daunting i fink...and scary...xxx

hi ya...i know what u mean waste of money...i also spent out hundreds on a course with a company that called themselves the training academy...that was really a pathetic course...

If you have spend all that money with this person, then why not complain to her direct????? Point out to her in a well constructed personal letter , why you found the course so dissapointing!!!!!!!!! Maybe do some research and let her know, what other Training Companys offer and she doesn't. It might make her take a look at her standard of training and with a bit of luck, if others who have been there and are dissapointed too will follow suit. At least you will have done something in a professional manner about this and she might realise "that professional is as professional does"..............

As for the creative training , good for you...........
I write this as an independant Nail Technician with an independant view lol
but I strongly lean towards Creative as a personal choice...........
Love Ruth xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back