Problems with Angel Remy hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensionista

Reaction score
Hi,

I ordered some blonde hair from Angel Remy, client had it in for six weeks and its gone very brassy and orange from mid-lenghts to ends. I've contacted Angel Remy who have said that it's down to Moroccan Oil or some sort of serum which is orange in colour staining the hair. The client is adamant that she hasn't put anything like that on the hair and has only used shampoo and conditioner and to be honest I believe her because the hair is still very soft and in really good condition (bar the brassiness) that she wouldn't need any oils. Even if she isn't telling the truth I can't call her a liar really.

The lady at Angel Remy was helpful enough and polite but was pretty insistent that it was down to the clients aftercare. Now I sort of think that if that's what happens then there should be something on Angel Remy aftercare to say don't use these products on your extensions. Anyway she has asked me to return the hair so she can have a look but I'm pretty certain I won't get a replacement or refund for my client, she also wants to speak to the client directly which I personally don't think is great customer service as the client has a sale and service contract with me and not Angel Remy so it looks like I'm passing the buck a bit.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Would you just go back to the client and say sorry tough you can't get anything back, offer a refund from your own pocket? or offer a free maintenance or something (she has new hair in now).

I usually use my own brand of extensions as clients either want budget or top end I only recently introduced angel remy for clients who want mid-range so never had to deal with anything like this before.

Thanks

Sorry for long post.

Personally, I wouldn't let my clients talk to my supplier. There's a risk of my clients knowing how much I pay with my discount and I would be worried that they might think i'm over charging (which I don't).

What type of shampoo or conditioner is she using? It might have a chemical somewhere along the lines causing it to change the hair colour.

No I'm not comfortable with her speaking to angel Remy either and I think angel Remy know that which is why they are insisting they speak to her before they examine the hair. I don't see what they have to gain from talking to the client and legally they can't actually demand to speak to her as their sale of goods contract is with me not her. They've sold me products which have not been fit for purpose.

But my issue is with my client I'm not really sure the best way to proceed as she's a good client, lovely girl and always looks after her hair really well.

X

It sound like Angel Remy are 100% to blame and are trying to shift the blame onto your client. Not a good work ethic.

The lady at Angel Remy was very professional and usually I don't have any issues with my hair just annoying the suppliers never take responsibility for their mistakes always always blame after care it's frustrating x

The lady at Angel Remy was very professional and usually I don't have any issues with my hair just annoying the suppliers never take responsibility for their mistakes always always blame after care it's frustrating x
Hi Just wondered if you could let me know what your out come was as I've litrally just had a client complain with the same problem... this is the first time I've ordered from Angel and never had any problems before and my client Is a regular who take pride in her extensions and wouldn't be messing with after care although it's Likely she's also used an oil as other extension suppliers have advised me to recommend it to my clients... not seen the hair yet but wanted to know some.facts.before hand!
Thank you in advance

We always recommend a hair oil as an aftercare product. I've never seen an oil stain hair or cause discolouration, there are however other things such as different chemicals and products that will. Usually discolouration of the hair is due to something reacting with the hair as it has gone through a certain process when it was manufactured, most commonly these are suntan lotions, chlorinated water, hard water and some water that contains certain minerals hence the reason why it is usually advised against going on holiday wearing extensions.

If it is infact oil that is staining the hair, then it will likely be due to how the hair is processed during manufacturing, otherwise you would see this with most other extension brands.

If you have no look with a refund or exchange I'd highly recommend Malibu C hard water or swimmers, if there has been a reaction with something on the hair it should remove the discolouration, no guarantee but its a very cheap product to buy so worth trying.

We always recommend a hair oil as an aftercare product. I've never seen an oil stain hair or cause discolouration, there are however other things such as different chemicals and products that will. Usually discolouration of the hair is due to something reacting with the hair as it has gone through a certain process when it was manufactured, most commonly these are suntan lotions, chlorinated water, hard water and some water that contains certain minerals hence the reason why it is usually advised against going on holiday wearing extensions.

If it is infact oil that is staining the hair, then it will likely be due to how the hair is processed during manufacturing, otherwise you would see this with most other extension brands.

If you have no look with a refund or exchange I'd highly recommend Malibu C hard water or swimmers, if there has been a reaction with something on the hair it should remove the discolouration, no guarantee but its a very cheap product to buy so worth trying.
Great! thanks for your reply... I will definitely look these products up. I haven't yet had chance to speak to the supplier or see my clients hair but know she definitely hasn't swam or been abroad which I know can cause problems although the only other thing could maybe be the lights on a sunbed!??
But this hasn't ever happened with my old supply of hair....

I got the impression as a none hair dressers that all blonde hair natural or extensions, is prone to picking up brassy tones? That's the point of all the blonde hair products promising to keep your blonde "clean" is it not?

We have done a lot of research into why discolouration occurs, I will PM you a link to our blog to take a look at what we found as I don't want to link to our website as it may be frowned upon.

If your client uses any products when tanning it may be the cause, a chemical called Avobenzone is common in products of that nature and it can cause discolouration.

We have done a lot of research into why discolouration occurs, I will PM you a link to our blog to take a look at what we found as I don't want to link to our website as it may be frowned upon.

If your client uses any products when tanning it may be the cause, a chemical called Avobenzone is common in products of that nature and it can cause discolouration.
So not just fake tan, but sunscreen can cause discolouring? I have often thought that as it always seems to be the ends of clients hair that discolour the most frequently like they come into contact with somethings on their skin?

Don't you think the added colours in Moroccan oil cause it too?

I would definitely agree about it usually been the ends of the hair, especially since sunscreen is a big cause of the problem from what we found.

I can't really comment on Moroccan Oil as we've never experienced a problem with it causing discolouration so it's not something we've tested unfortunately.

I never got any where with it but I do believe it could have been caused by sunscreen x

I use angel remy all the time but I found with 2 clients that blonde discoloured. It ended up being 1 had got sun cream on them and the other one fake tan :( a light bleach bath sorted it out though xx I have seen the original Moroccan oil formula stain light blondes before in sjk hair xxx

I use angel remy all the time but I found with 2 clients that blonde discoloured. It ended up being 1 had got sun cream on them and the other one fake tan :( a light bleach bath sorted it out though xx I have seen the original Moroccan oil formula stain light blondes before in sjk hair xxx

Moroccan Oil will stain your own natural hair too, that is why they have a light version for blondes.

It's not just Moroccan oil, loads of them have colour added to make them look the same colour as Argan Oil. The amount of Argan oil in them is quite small that's why they need to add colours. They're made of mostly silicones.

Moroccan Oil will stain your own natural hair too, that is why they have a light version for blondes.

It's not just Moroccan oil, loads of them have colour added to make them look the same colour as Argan Oil. The amount of Argan oil in them is quite small that's why they need to add colours. They're made of mostly silicones.

This is also a reason why you should never add oils or serums to colour as they contain yellow pigments.

Indeed HairyGeek t'was the light version that I had used on her and recommended however what was purchased was the original!
Cams97 that had been quite the thing do do a few years ago wasn't it? I did try it with thr light oil..... didn't find a huge difference. Just use better quality bleach etc now instead! Xxx

Indeed HairyGeek t'was the light version that I had used on her and recommended however what was purchased was the original!
Cams97 that had been quite the thing do do a few years ago wasn't it? I did try it with thr light oil..... didn't find a huge difference. Just use better quality bleach etc now instead! Xxx

Yeah people started doing it but not only do manufacturers not recommend it but i'm more than sure insurance wouldn't cover you.

Plus the yellow pigments so warmer colours.

I had a client use a new aveda yellow coloured hair serum on her white blonde extensions, and they turned orange on the ends.... She never had this problem before, in years of wearing the same brand of hair, just after she used this serum every day for a month... I blamed the serum...

The only problem i ever had with angel remy is the 20 inch . It tangles Alot more then the 18 inch . I only offer 16 and 18 inch . Most my clients wear 16 . Then i tried 20 inch wich comes double drawn and it tangles soooo much it really p.... Me off. Used olaplex nr. 3 on it now , left it on for 1 hour and the hair hardly tangles now . But you cant tell clients to buy olaplex 3 with 20 inch extensions because they tangle. So i dont know if im going to get 16 inch next time or go for transform mongolian and Russian hair . I had a client with blond hair from angel remy and no problem with dicoloring there . Even thou shes been to mexico 3 weeks and uses oils and sprays . Infact i was suprised how good it still felt and looked after 3rd refit .

Latest posts

Back