Problems with college course record of treatments ...help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

posh totty

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help...I'm doing an evening course in manicure & pedicure and have done lots of record of treatments but last night started my assessments and handed my record of treatment - candidate copy of evidence sheet in to be assessed and left the 'Contra-Actions to treatment' section blank with just a line thru (which I have done on all the rest of my sheets) to be told 'You should know what to put in these boxes , go away & fill it in properly' :eek: .... well the thing is I haven't been told and checking my 12 other records (all marked as job well done) have all been left blank ! So I'm not really sure what to put if no reaction has happend (other than that!) also not too sure with 'treatment plan' and 'candidate evaluation of treatment' sections if I'm honest!!!!!!!!!!
The teacher we originally started with quit as she was new & got into a bit of trouble because she taught us bad habits and never told us to fill in paperwork or assignments etc and now I'm really worried as I have a few more assessments next week and :cry: really not sure what to put as I don't want to get it all wrong....if anyone can help that would be great xxx

I know this is a difficult one. When I did my training my tutor was quite flexible and let us tell little white lies on the consultation form. For example, reaction to a product. One thing I put down on a pedi form once was the nail varnish smudged as it wasn't quite dry and the client put her shoes on.

On my VTCT mani pedi if we had anything blank we could show the evidence by being asked oral questions or write something about it!
HTH

Hi

I am currently doing a VTCT at college in the evenings, and I have to say my tutor is brilliant, she actually fills in the assessment books, etc and says things like 'you did use this didn't you' giving us little bits of help along the way.

With the contra-actions, i have merely listed either the products which i am going to use or said 'carry out mani or pedi'. Just remember that contra-actions are reasons why you should carry out the treatment not the reasons why you shouldn't.

The first assessment is really quite nerve racking, but i took a model who is a friend, so we were just chatting whilst i was working and it was far more relaxing for me.

Hope this helps, if you get stuck let me know.

Keiley

Hi

I am currently doing a VTCT at college in the evenings, and I have to say my tutor is brilliant, she actually fills in the assessment books, etc and says things like 'you did use this didn't you' giving us little bits of help along the way.

With the contra-actions, i have merely listed either the products which i am going to use or said 'carry out mani or pedi'. Just remember that contra-actions are reasons why you should carry out the treatment not the reasons why you shouldn't.
The first assessment is really quite nerve racking, but i took a model who is a friend, so we were just chatting whilst i was working and it was far more relaxing for me.

Hope this helps, if you get stuck let me know.

Keiley

Contra actions - are not reasons why you should carry out a treatment as stated above- they are reactions that happen while you are carrying out the or imediately after the treatment - ie an adverse reaction such as irritation or erythema, itching

so really the form should have been filled out with anything like this that she noticed while carrying out the treatment and what action was taken imo.

nicola

As KellyT said on my VTCT if there were no contra-actions then we had to either answer oral questions on it or write a piece about contra-actions.

Thanks that explains better...last night I had my fiance come and have his nails done (he really protested at this!) I too found it more relaxing doing some one I knew, I had been practicing manicures on him at home and next week I've got my Mum booked in for my next assessment and plan to do a parafin wax and try my best with a french manicure...I've not done too many frenches so I will have to get practicing!

Hi Keiley

Contra-actions are effects that happen as a result of a treatment e.g. reactions to products, burns caused by filing too much or if you catch someone with a file (heaven forbid!) :eek:

Good luck with the Frenchie! Some advice for you - try and gently pinch the finger at the sidewall/free edge area, and when you do you white, do it quickley.

Hope this helps

:hug:

Sorry guys, of course it is, i'm just being a bit blonde at the mo.

Latest posts

Back