problems with graphix glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola67

Reaction score
Hello there, I've ordered a few glitter powders from graphix glitter & have just recently started to use them on clients. I've been having a play at home with myself on toes, fingers and tips to get used to the product and all seems to be fine but the last couple of clients i've done I've noticed that the glitter hasn't dried when I come to buff at the end, so it's coming off.
What I do is put all the glitter on 10 fingers then go back and put all the pink on 10, then go back to the 1st and start shaping & buffing etc. At this point the glitter on some of them has started to crumble away and I've had to re do it.
I know you have to work with it slightly wetter, so would this effect the drying time as apposed to just doing p&w? Should I be leaving it to set a bit longer?
I've done a search on here and read about capping the glitter with clear before appolying the pink powder, does this mean you just put clear over the glitter or over the whole nail?
Any advice would be great, thanks
Linds xx

Contact Fiona (Naturalnails) she is a genuis on her Nail Graphix she will sort your problem easily:hug:

Contact Fiona (Naturalnails) she is a genuis on her Nail Graphix she will sort your problem easily:hug:
Hi was thinking of doing that, do you think she would mind too much. I know she's very busy............ x

Fiona wont mind at all I think she would rather she answered any questions you have than you get the wrong advise from someone else and of course she is a lovely person:hug:

are you mixing it with gel or L&P?

Out of curiosity, why do you put the glitter on, then the pink? The pink probably hasnt cured enough, therefore will "file" off when you come to shaping and blending. Try applying the glitter in zone 1, then cap with a small amount of pink or clear, then applying pink to zones 2 and 3. Do this to all 10 nails, then go back to the first finger, which should be cured enough now,and start all your filing and shaping etc. Let me know how you get on.

Michelle

have you pre mixed the L&p with the glitter first then apply to the nail or are you dipping your acrylic ball into the glitter then apply, then on both apply the L&p over the top of the nails.

have you pre mixed the L&p with the glitter first then apply to the nail or are you dipping your acrylic ball into the glitter then apply, then on both apply the L&p over the top of the nails.

With Nail Graphix you pre mix...there is even a line on the jar for you to top it up to with your chosen or pink or clear powder.

I agree with Pinkshell nails advice.....and also that our Fiona is the ultimate expert in Nail Graphix.

Thank you all for your kind words on this thread.

Lyndsay, if you are having problems, then please do let me know as if I dont know it's broken, then I cant help to fix it LOL.

Firstly as has been said already, have you topped the pots up with your powder - you would be amazed at the number of people who dont follow the instructions, given and are so excited to get started.

Are you having problems with all 3 colours you bought or only some.

Some of the glitters are quite bitty (ie. have bits in LOL) and they more than others need to be capped with clear.

It may be that you are applying the glitter too thickly so it is not having a chance to set properly.

I hope this and the other posts have helped, please let me know if you need any more help. I am never too busy to help - well unless I am on holiday LOL.

Hi all,
thanks for your replies........... I have pre mixed the powder into the glitter, to the top of the label. When I'm applying it this is what I do:
put glitter in Z1, put pink bead in Z2 pat it down and pull it over Z1, then put pink in Z3. Then buff & shape. (Basically the same as I do as if I were doing normal P&W) I start by putting glitter on all 10, then applying pink to all 10. It seems that when I go back to start buffing it hasn't cured enough and starts to crumble.
I am going to ring Fiona later on and have a chat with her about it (thanks for your reply Fiona) it's driving me nuts now!!!:eek: I know it must be just a really simple thing that I'm doing wrong, just haven't worked out what it is yet!!!
Thanks again
xx

Sounds like you are not putting enough clear or pink which ever you want to use over the layer of glitter so when you come to finish you are filing off the capped layer and filing and into the layer with glitter.
Glitter layer needs to be really thin so you can use enough plain L&P to cap it hth

does it appear quite lumpy and dry when applying? if so then it is definitely your mix ratio and you need to work wetter.
Not all the graphix need capping in clear either.

I do alot of custom blend glitters (creative) and when using creative powders with glitters u do need to work a bit dryer than usual, and the set time takes a little longer as well (until u get to click hard) try working a little dryer and cap it with a thin layer of pink or clear. (but having read its crumbling u may be working too dry? and if your glitter is not Microfine and even in consistancy then u will get flaking as well)

Latest posts

Back